Release:Vesntik TSU. law (#3). 2013
About the author:Mikhail I. Kleandrov, Corresponding Member of the RAS, Dr. Sci. (Jur.), Professor, Chief Research Associate, Institute of State and Law of the RAS (Moscow); email@example.com
Abstract:The article is dedicated to the study of problems and deficiencies of legal regulation concerning organizational framework, status and activities of Russian law services in the sphere of economy. The author reminds that legal standing of several hundred thousand professionals in the mentioned sphere of law in contrast to their colleagues, specializing in other fields of law, is defined solely by the completely obsolete General Provision issued in 1972 which has actually become invalid to a great extent. The existing necessity of clarifying the concept of powers attributable to a commercial company’s legal department, i.e. in defining whether this unit’s authority rests in the company itself or its jurisdiction derives from the function of maintaining legality in the field of business activities, authorized by the state, is also subject to consideration. The latter solution would require official immunity from decisions taken by the administrator or the owner of a commercial company.
1. SP SSSR [Collected Decrees of the Government of the USSR]. 1972. No. 13. Art. 70 (in Russian).
2. SP SSSR [Collected Decrees of the Government of the USSR]. 1991. No. 3. Art. 12 (in Russian).
3. Bjulleten’ Verhovnogo Suda RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of the RF]. 2001. No. 10 (inRussian).
4. Anohin, B.C. Pravovaja rabota v narodnom hozjajstve v uslovijah rynochnoj jekonomiki [Legal work within the national economy in conditions of market economy]. ed., revised, with additions. Voronezh, 1996; Savchenko, S.A. Juridicheskie aspekty upravlenija pravovoj rabotoj na predprijatijah neftegazovogo kompleksa: na primere Tjumenskoj oblasti [Juridical aspects of legal work management at oil and gas complex enterprises: on the example of the Tyumen Region]. Monograph. Tyumen, 2003 (in Russian).
5. Organizacija pravovoj raboty v organah mestnogo samoupravlenija [Organization of legal work at bodies of local self-government]. Collected reports of the participants of the scientific theoretical and practical seminar-meeting. Orenburg, 2-3 March 2001. / SoArt. V.A. Shhepachev; ed. by Ju.N. Meshherjakova. Orenburg, 2002 (in Russian).6. Eremenko, V.I. Juridicheskaja rabota v uslovijah rynochnoj jekonomiki: Diss. kand. [Juridical work in conditions of market economy. Cand. diss.]. Ekaterinburg, 2000; Plink, Ja.V. Pravovoe obsluzhivanie predprinimatel’skih obedinenij v Rossii i za rubezhom: Diss. kand. [Legal service for business associations in Russia and abroad. Cand. diss.]. Moscow, 2000; Savchenko, S.A. Juridicheskie aspekty upravlenija pravovoj raboty na predprijatijah neftegazovogo kompleksa: Na primere Tjumenskoj oblasti (razdel 2.2 «Zakonodatel’stvo o juriskonsul’tah, s. 81-90): Diss. kand. [Juridical aspects of legal work management at oil and gas complex enterprises: on the example of the Tyumen Region (part2.2. “Legislation on the legal advisers”, p. 81–90). Cand. diss.]. Saint-Petersburg, 2001(in Russian).