About the authors:
Marina V. Osotkina,
Post-graduate Student, Department of Finance, Monetary Circulation and Credit, Law Institute of Economics and Management
Andrey P. Gorn,
Dr. Sci. (Econ.), Head of the Department of Customs Affairs, Institute of Finance and Economics, Tyumen State University
The article studies economic mechanisms and features of their application in health care facility management, as well as in the health care system as a whole. The objective is elaboration of measures to improve efficiency of the business mechanisms in operation of health care institutions of the Russian Federation under reform. In the course of the study the following key problems in the field have been covered along with the solutions to them:
— low salaries for health care practitioners, a one-size-fits-all approach in remuneration of labor for medical personnel, inefficient social security system, low prestige of the medical profession, which resulted in shortage of qualified medical staff;
— lack of distinct state guarantees in delivery of medical care, which urged health care establishments to charge citizens for services that in accordance with the state guarantee Program should be free;
— lack of funding and investment. Public-private partnership can become an effective tool for health development. Such cooperation will promote the flow of investment into the sector, which, in turn, will bring the health care system up to date and boost innovation activity in medicine. With the help of investors medicine will get an opportunity to introduce a system of effective management and improve quality of medical services.
1. Interview with Veronika Skvortsova, the Minister, for Rossiyskaya Gazeta of 08.09.2014.
2. The concept of development of the health care system in the Russian Federation until 2020. URL: http://www.rosminzdrav.ru
3. Healthcare of the Russian Federation. Results of 2013. URL: http://www.rosminzdrav.ru
4. The Development of Healthcare State Program. URL: http://www.rosminzdrav.ru
5. Veronika Skvortsova, the Minister, invited governors to introduce a more progressive system of remuneration of healthcare professionals. URL: http://www.rosminzdrav.ru/news
6. The Federal State Statistics Service of the Russian Federation. URL: http://www.gks.ru
7. Interview with Sergei Krayevoy, Deputy Minister, for PPP Journal. URL: http://www.rosminzdrav.ru/news
8. Rosbusiness consulting. URL: http://www.rbc.ru
9. World Health Organization. (n.d.). World statistics for 2012 and 2013. URL: http://www.who.int.ru
10. Andrey Kazutin, Director of the Department of infrastructural development and
public-private partnerships and Igor Lanskoy, the Minister Adviser, took part in the round
table. URL: http://www.rosminzdrav.ru/news.