Release:2015, Vol. 1. №2(2)
About the authors:Boris F. Sviridenko, Dr. Sci.(Biol.), Head Researcher, Scientific Research Institute of the Ecology of the North, Surgut State University; email@example.com
Abstract:In the West Siberian Plain, 70 locations of Chara fragilis (= C. globularis Thuillier) are known. Most of the species’ populations were found in the steppe and the foreststeppe belts as well as in the south of the forest belt. The species lives in small rivers, meander and watershed lakes, in temporary and artificial water bodies at depths of 0.1 to 2.9 m. The species mostly occurs on muddy or sandy and muddy bottoms, more rarely on clays, peat and flooded soil. In the ecotopes of C. fragilis, water hardness is 2.2 to 8.6 meq/dm3, water salt content is 0.28 to 3.88 g/dm3, pH value is 7.2 to 9.2. Plant aggregations involving C. fragilis are temporary initial phases of hydrogenous successions developing in newly formed aquatic ecotopes, as well as permanent phytocoenoses. In general, in the West Siberian Plain, C. fragilis mostly exhibits the explerent strategy, less often the patient one, sometimes functioning as an edificatory of permanent monocoenoses.
1. Gollerbakh, M. M., Krasavina, L. K. Freshwater Algae Indicator of the USSR — Charophyta. Leningrad: Nauka, 1983. Vol. 14. 190 р.
2. Vilgelm, Ya. A supplement to the study of Charophytes in the USSR // Proceedings of the Central Botanical Garden of the USSR. USSR Central Botanical Garden Press, 1930.Vol. 29. № 5–6. Pp. 582–596.
3. Gollerbakh, M. M. A systematic list of Charophytes found in the USSR up to and including 1935 // Proceedings of the Botanical Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Sporophytae. Moscow, Leningrad: USSR Academy of Sciences Publ., 1950. Series 11, Issue 5. Pp. 20–94.
4. Ermolaev, V. I. Phytoplankton of the Studenoe Lake of the Karasuk River system // Algae and Fungi of the West Siberia. Materials of the Central Siberian Botanical Garden. Novosibirsk: Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1965. No. 10, Part 2. Pp. 50–56.
5. Ermolaev, V. I. Algae of the lakes of the lower course of the Karasuk River // An Experience of a Complex Study of the Karasuk Lakes. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1982. Pp. 69–79.
6. Sviridenko, B. F, Sviridenko, T. V. Charophyta in the Flora of the North Kazakhstan and the Kustanay Regions. Alma-Ata, 1985. Deposit manuscript of Kazakh Scientific Research Institute of Scientific and Technical Information (KazNIINTI) 12 June 1985. № 990(Ka-85 Deposit). 22 p.
7. Sviridenko, B. F, Sviridenko, T. V. Charophyta of the North Kazakhstan // Botanical Journal, 1990. Vol. 75. № 4. Рp. 564–570.
8. Sviridenko, B. F., Sviridenko, T. V. News findings of Charophyta in North Kazakhstan // Botanical Journal, 1995. Vol. 80. № 9. Pp. 111–116.9. Nurashov, S. B. Materials on the research of Chara algae in Kazakhstan // Study and Protection of the Flora in Kazakhstan. Almaty, 2003. Pp. 94–97.
10. Sviridenko, T. V., Sviridenko, B. F. Charophyta in the Omsk Region // Issues of Siberian Vegetation Study: Proceedings of the III International scientific conference on the 120-th anniversary of the P.N. Krylov’s Herbarium, Tomsk State University. Tomsk: TSU, 2005. Pp. 185–186.
11. Sviridenko, T. V., Sviridenko, B. F. Herbarium materials of Charophyta by the Laboratory of Hydromorphic Ecosystems of the Scientific Research Institute of Nature Management and Ecology of the North, Surgut State University // Biological Resources and Nature Management. Collection of scientific works. Surgut: Defis, 2009. Vol. 11. Pp. 64–100.
12. Tokar, O. E. Flora, Vegetation and Phytoindication of Aquatic Ecotopes of the Ishim River and Floodplain Lakes in the Tyumen Region. Ishim: Ishim State Pedagogical University Press, 2006. 208 p.
13. Tokar, O. E. Aquatic and bank flora in the lakes of the left bank of the Ishim River valley (Vikulovsky District, Tyumen Region) // Flora and Vegetation of Siberia and Far East. Readings to commemorate L.M. Cherepnin. Proceedings of V All-Russian international conference. Krasnoyarsk: Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University, 2011. Vol. 1. Pp. 310–317.
14. Romanov, R. E, Kipriyanova, L. M. Species composition of Charophyta in the foreststeppe and steppe in the West Siberian Plain // Botanical Journal, 2009. Vol. 94. № 11. Pp. 1632–1646.
15. Sviridenko, T. V., Tokar, O. E., Evzhenko, K. S., Efremov, A. N., Sviridenko, B. F. New locations of Charophyta in the West Siberian Plain // Ecology and Nature Management in Yugra. Proceedings of Applied scientific conference devoted to the 10th anniversary of the Ecology Department of Surgut State University. Surgut: Surgut State University, Khanty-Mansiisk Autonomous District—Yugra, 2009. Pp. 99–100.
16. Evzhenko, K. S. Flora and vegetation of water objects of the Tara River valley // Tomsk State University Journal. Tomsk: TSU, 2010. No. 333 Pp. 153–157.
17. Sviridenko, B. F., Okulovskaya, A. G., Sviridenko, T. V. Macroscopic algae of the
Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous District and Yugra and their pro-tection // Materials of the Biological Department. Surgut: Surgut State University Information Center, 2011. № 8. Pp. 25–37.
18. Sviridenko, B. F., Ubaskin, A. V., Sviridenko, T. V. Aquatic macro-phyte vegetation of the cooling reservoir of the Ekibastuz GRES-2 pow-er plant // Materials of the Biological Department. Surgut: Surgut State University Information Center, 2012. № 9. Pp. 17–36.
19. Bakhman, V. I., Ovsyannikova, K. A., Vadkovskaya, A. D. Methodology of the Analysis of Therapeutic Muds (Peloids). Moscow: “Moskovskaya Pravda” Publishing, 1965. 142 p.
20. Guide to Chemical Analysis of Land Surface Waters / Semenov A. D., editor. Leningad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1977. 542 p.
21. Aleksandrova, V. D. Classification of Vegetation. Review of Classification Principles and Classification Systems among Different Geobotanical Schools. Leningrad: Nauka, 1969. 275 p.
22. Sviridenko, B. F. Flora and Vegetation of the Water Bodies of the North Kazakhstan. Omsk: OSPU Press, 2000. 196 p.
23. Cherepanov, S. K. Tracheophytes of Russia and Adjacent Countries (within the Former USSR). Saint-Petersburg: Mir i semya, 1995. 992 p.
24. Myachkova, N. A. Climate of the USSR. Moscow: Moscow State University Press, 1983. 192 p.
25. Sviridenko, B. F., Sviridenko, T. V. Salt Endurance of Aquatic Macrophytes of the North Kazakhstan. Alma-Ata, 1986. Deposit manuscript of Kazakh Scientific Research Institute of Scientific and Technical Information (KazNIINTI) 17 February 1986; № 1186. 25 p.26. Sviridenko, T. V., Sviridenko, B. F., Tokar, O. E., Evzhenko, K. S., Efremov, A. N. Charophyta in the plant agglomerations of the water bodies in the West Siberian Plain // Natural Resources, Biodiversity and Prospects of Natural Scientific Education. Proceedings of International scientific practical conference to commemorate I.V. Bekisheva, scientist and educator. Omsk: OmGPU, 2012. Рp. 81–87.
27. Sviridenko, B. F., Mamontov, Yu. S., Sviridenko, T. V. The Use of Hydromacrophytes in a Comprehensive Evaluation of the Ecological Condition of Water Bodies of the West Siberian Plain. Omsk: Amfora, 2011. 231 p.28. Sviridenko, T. V., Sviridenko, B. F. Ecobiomorphs of Charophyta in the West Siberian Plain // Proceedings of all-Russian international conference “Biological Diversity of the Flora of Ural and Adjacent Territories”. Ekaterinburg: Ural Branch of RAS Press, 2012. Рp. 300–301.