Release:2015, Vol. 1. №2(2)
About the authors:Ivan A. Zuban, M. Sc., Senior Lecturer, Department of General Biology, M. Kozybayev North Kazakhstan State University (Petropavlovsk); email@example.com
Abstract:In the article results of the study of lesser white-fronted geese migrating via North-Kazakhstan region in the spring and fall of 2014 are given. During the field works we examined a total of 65 ponds: 29 in spring and 36 in Autumn. In the article we describe their geography, the dates of the survey, as well as information on the nature of the water regime within the observation period. Based on the survey frame for the spring and autumn of 2014 time frames of migration of the species are stated. We set the first and last date of registration in the spring and fall. Also, we identified key stopping places for rest and feeding. The data on population size and age structure of the lesser white-fronted goose, its proportion to the total number of registered white-fronted and graylag geese, and Red-Breasted goose in the spring time are given. It amounted to 0.06% in spring and 0.14% in autumn. It is noted that in spring the studied species prefers mono-species type of pack- formation more frequently than in the fall.
1.Aarvak, T., Vilkov, V., Yerokhov, S., Petkov, N., Rosenfeld, S., Timoshenko, A. The main results of monitoring of seasonal geese migration and the state of their habitat in north and North-West Kazakhstan in 2011 // Proceedings of the International scientific and practical conference “Zoological and Hunting studies in Kazakhstan and neighbor countries”, devoted to the 100th anniversary of A. A. Sludski, Corresponding Member of the Kazakhstan Soviet Social Republic Academy. Almaty, 2012. Pp. 208-213.
2. Bragin, Y. A., Bragina, T. M. Wetlands in the System of Nature Complexes in North Kazakhstan. General Characteristics and Nature Protection Value. The Most Important Wetlands of North Kazakhstan (within the Borders of Kostaniy Region and Western Part of North Kazakhstan) / ed. by Т. М. Bragina, Y. A. Bragin. Moscow: Russkii universitet, 2002. Pp. 1-156.
3. Vilkov, V. S. Geese monitoring in North Kazakhstan in autumn, 2013 // Proceedings of the 5th International scientific and practical confer-ence “Ecologic and Economic Effectiveness of the nature use at the contemporary stage of Development of West siberian Region”: Part 1. Omsk, 2014. Pp. 23-26.
4. Geography of North Kazakhstan: a study manual for university students/ ed. by V. I. Drobovtsev. Petropavlovsk: NKSU, 2009. 125 p.
5. Zuban, I. A.. Vilkov, V. S. Autumn Monitoring of the Lesser White-Fronted Goose,
Brent and other Geese at the Water Reservoirs of north Kazakhstan: A report in the frameworks of ACBK/AEWA project “decrease of Threats in Illegal Waterfowling in north Kazakhstan”. Manuscript, Petropavlovsk: 1-9.
6. Information bulletin on north Kazakhstan ecology, department of nature Resources and Nature Use Regulation of North Kazakhstan — Petropavlovsk, 2008. 52 p.
7. Kishinski, A. A. Results of greylag geese (Anser anser) ringing in Poland and the USSR. A general survey of seasonal settling of the species // east European and north Asian Birds Migration: Cicomiiformes and Lamellirostres. Moscow: Nauka, 1979. Pp. 98-122.
8. Lebedeva, M. I. The white-fronted goose migrations — on the basis of the USSR data // east European and north Asian birds Migration: cicomiiformes and Lamellirostres. Moscow: Nauka, 1979. Pp. 131-142.
9. Lebedeva, M. I. Bean goose migrations — on the basis of the USSR ringing data //East European and North Asian Birds Migration: Cicomiiformes and Lamellirostres. Moscow: Nauka, 1979. Pp. 150-160.
10. Litvin, K. Y. New Data on the Migration of Geese, Settling in Russia. The Survey Results of a Distant Monitoring. Kazarka, Issue 14, 2014. Pp. 13-45.
11. Morozov, V. V., Siroyechkovskiy, Y. Y. Anser Erythropus at the Turn of the Millennium. Kazarhka, Issue 8, 2002. Pp. 233-276.
12. Timoshenko, A., Volkov, C. Y. Autumn Monitoring of the Lesser White-Fronted Goose, brent and other Geese at the Water Reservoirs of Kostanay Region and Adjacent Territories: A report in the frameworks of ACBK/AEWA project “decrease of Threats in Illegal Waterfowling in North Kazakhstan”. Manuscript, Kustanai: 1-20.13. Rosenfeld, S. B., Timoshenko, A. Yu., Salemgarev, A. R. Autumn Flight of Geese and Brents in Kostanai Region, Kazakhstan in 2008. Kazarhka, Issue 12(2): 2009. Pp. 114-138.