Release:2015, Vol. 1. №2(2)
About the authors:Natalia S. Larina, Cand. Sci. (Chem.), Professor, Department of Organic and Ecological Chemistry, University of Tyumen; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:The article presents dynamics in development of one of city reservoirs in Tyumen with the help of a complex of methods and objects of analysis. Results of the time-lapse survey revealing the state of water in the lake over the last 10 years are given in this study, as well as the distribution of a number of indices (рН, an electrical conductivity, losses of ignition) and some metals by depth in the sediments of the lake. The layer-by-layer analysis of heavy metals in sediments showed an increase of the content of metals in the acid extract of sediments in the surface layer (0-5th) that indicates intensification of anthropogenous load on the lake and considerable metal entry. The percentage of easily available forms of cadmium, manganese, zinc and lead is substantial, i.e. changes in environmental conditions may cause secondary pollution of the water layer as a result of mobilization of these elements. Pollution of Tsimlyanskoe lake in Tyumen increases and has both natural and anthropogenic nature.
1. Barenboim, G. D., Venetsianov, E. V. Ecological monitoring of water bodies as an information basis of sustainable water management // Water: Chemistry and Ecology. 2008. № 1. Pp. 15-23.
2. Tikhonova, I. O., Kruchinina, N. E., Desyatkov, A. V. Ecological Monitoring of Water Bodies. Moscow: Nauka, 2012. 152 p.
3. Moiseenko, T. I. Acidification of Waters: Factors, Mechanisms and Environmental Impacts. Moscow: Nauka, 2003. 276 p.
4. Larina, N. S., Katanaeva, V. G., Shelpakova, N. A. Technogenic Pollution of Natural Waters. Tyumen: Mandr-Ika, 2004. 224 p.
5. Moiseenko, T. I., Gashkina, N. A. Formation of Water Chemistry of Lakes in a Changing Environment. Moscow: Nauka, 2010. 268 p.
6. Environmental Problems of Industrial Cities: Collected articles: Part 1 / ed. E. I. Tikhomirova. Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2011. 348 p.
7. Stolberg, F. V. Ecology of the City. Kiev: Libra, 2000. 464 p.
8. Larina, N. S., Kosyakov, E., Ustimenko, A. A., Pinigina, E. P. Comprehensive monitoring of urban water bodies // Environment and Management of Natural Resources: Abstracts of the 5th International Conference, Tyumen, October 1-3, 2014. / Ed. A. V. Soromotin, A. V. Tolstikov. Tyumen: Publishing House of the TSU, 2014. Pp. 149-151.
9. Budnikov, G. K. Heavy metals in environmental monitoring of water systems // Soros Educational Journal. 1998. № 5. Pp. 17-27.
10. Moiseenko, T. I. Trace Elements in Surface Waters of Land: Technophility, Bioaccumulation and Ecotoxicology. Moscow: Nauka, 2006. 261 p.
11. Moore, J., Ramamurthy, S. Heavy Metals in Natural Waters. Moscow: Mir, 2000. 286 p.
12. Papina, T. S. Transport and Distribution Characteristics of Heavy Metals in the Series: Water - Suspended Matter - Sediments of River Ecosystems. Novosibirsk, 2001. 58 p.
13. Lukyanchikov, D. I. The value of sediment contamination in aquatic ecosystems // Scientific Journal of Kursk State University. 2000. № 5. Pp. 64-66.
14. Manihin, V. I., Nikanorov, A. M. Dissolved and mobile forms of heavy metals in sediments of freshwater ecosystems. Saint Petersburg: Gidrometeoizdat, 2001. 182 p.
15. Larina, N. S., Shelpakova, N. A., Larin, S. I., Dunaeva, A. P. Evaluation of chemical and ecological status of water bodies on the analysis of water and bottom sediments // Advances in Contemporary Science, 2008. Vol. 7, Pp. 56-58.
16. Otmakhov, V. I. Methods of assessing environmental safety of a water basin by the level of sediment contamination // Bulletin of Tomsk Polytechnic University. 2003. Vol. 306. №6. Pp. 39-41.
17. Forstner, U. Lake sediments as indicators of heavy-metal pollution / Naturwissenschaften. 1976. № 63. Pp. 465-470.
18. Hakanson, L. An ecological risk index for aquatic pollution control. A sedimentological approach // Water Research. 1980. № 14. Pp. 975-1001.
19. Daulvalter, V. A. Evaluation of the toxicity of metals accumulated in the sediments of lakes // Water Resources. 2000. Vol. 27. № 4. Pp. 469-476.
20. Larina, N. S., Dunaeva, A. P., Maslennikova, S. S., Larin, S. I. Forms of accumulation and migration of certain elements in the sediments of Lake Piketnoe // Bulletin of Kazakhstan State University. Proceedings of the International conference on the analytical chemistry and ecology. Kazakhstan, Almaty, October 6-8, 2010. Pp. 58-59.21. Comprehensive hydrochemical and biological studies of water quality and the state of water and water-related systems: A guide on methods. Part 1. Field studies // Ed. T. I. Moiseenko. Tyumen: Publishing House of the TSU, 2011. 128 p.