Release:2015, Vol. 1. №1(1)
About the author:Irina V. Pak, Dr. Sci. (Biol.), Professor, Head of the Department of Ecology and Genetics, University of Tyumen; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:The effectiveness of the impact of genetically active combinations (the mutagen — N-nitrosoethylurea and the reparagen — para-aminobenzoic acid or PABA) on the developing embryos of Coregonus peled was studied. The research showed that N-nitrosoethylurea significantly increases both the frequency of complex chromosomal transgressions and the number of micronuclei in Coregonus peled embryos at various stages of their development: blastula, neurula, and the early organogenesis stage. Under the combined impact of both N-nitrosoethylurea and PABA, the cytogenetic effect of the latter is revealed through lowering the number of chromosomal transgressions induced by the mutagen. The simultaneous impact of the two genetically active substances (N-nitrosoethylurea and PABA) at all the examined stages showed the capability of PABA to repain the N-nitrosoethylurea induced aberrations by converting a part of the complex chromosomal transgressions into the less complex ones. The analysis of the dynamics of the frequency of chromosomal transgressions during the period of the embryotic development of Coregonus peled demonstrated that the increase in number of aberrant mitoses, under the impact of N-nitrosoethylurea, reaches its peak on the blastula stage. The article also shows the possibility to adjust the genotype manifestation in the fish ontogeny with the help of para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) as in the case of the change of the genetic stability indicator.
1. Bezel’, V.S. Ekologicheskaia toksikologiia: populiarnyi i biotsenoticheskii aspekty
[Ecological Toxicology: the Popular and the Biocenotic Aspects] / Ed. E.L. Vorobeichik.
Ekaterinburg, 2006. 280 p. (in Russian).
2. Bol’shakov, V.N., Moiseenko, T.I. Anthropogenic evolution of animals: the facts and
their interpretation. Ekologiia — Ecology. 2009. № 5. Pp. 323-332. (in Russian).
3. Bickham, J.W. The four cornerstones of Evolutionary Toxicology. Ecotoxicology.
2011. Vol. 20. № 3. Pp. 497-502.
4. Pak, I.V., Moiseenko, T.I., Sergienko, L.L., Chitaeva, E.A. Cytogenetic biomarkers
for assessment of the influence of pollution on natural populations. Ecotoxicology and
Environmental Safety. 2012. № 85. Pp. 82-87.
5. Pak, I.V., Moiseenko, T.I., Sergienko, L.L., Chitaeva, E.A., Khoroshavin, V.Iu. Variation
of cytogenetic parameters in coregonid fish species from the Ob–Irtysh Basin. Ekologiia —
Ecology. 2013. № 4. Pp. 310-313. (in Russian).
6. Tsoi, R.M., Pak, I.V. The effectiveness of various testing systems in the evaluation
of mutagenic activity of polluted waters. Ekologiia — Ecology. 1996. № 3. Pp. 194-197.
7. Tsoi, R.M., Sergienko, L.L., Pak, I.V. Chromosomal mutability in Coregonus fish from
river and lake ecosystems of the Ob-Irtysh Basin. Genetika — Genetics. 1996. Vol. 32. № 1.
Pp. 137-139. (in Russian).
8. Cherfas, N.B., Tsoi, R.M. Novye geneticheskie metody selektsii ryb [New Genetic
Methods of Fish Selection]. Moscow, 1984. Pp. 22-41. (in Russian).
9. Tsoi, R.M. Khimicheskii mutagenez u prudovykh ryb (Avtoref. kand. diss.) [Chemical
Mutagenesis of Pond Fish (Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. 1970, 35 p. (in Russian).
10. Pak, I.V. Cytogenetic approach to estimation of developmental stability of the natural
populations of Coregonid fish. Ontogenez — Ontogenesis. 2004. Vol. 35. № 1. Pp. 37-40.
11. Pak, I.V. Kompleksnaia morfogeneticheskaia otsenka sostoianiia prirodnykh
populiatsii ryb [Complex Morphogenetic Evaluation of Condition of Natural Fish Populations].
Tyumen, 2005. 166 p. (in Russian).
12. Rapoport, I.A. The effect of para-aminobenzoic acid in connection with the genetic
structure / In: Khimicheskie mutageny i para-aminobenzoinaia kislota v povyshenii urozhainosti
sel´skokhoziaistvennykh rastenii [Chemical Mutagens and Para-Aminobenzoic
Acid in Increasing Amount of Harvest of Agricultural Plants]. Moscow: Nauka, 1989. Pp. 3-37.(in Russian).