Release:2015, Vol. 1. №1(1)
About the author:Alexander B. Burlakov, Dr. Sci. (Biol.), Professor, Leading Researcher, Ichthyology Department, Lomonosov Moscow State University
Abstract:Investigations on the state of the central and peripheral gonadotropocytes of the hypophysis of silver carp´s females Hypophthalmichthys molitrix (Val.) at the light and electronic-microscopic levels, following the stimulation of maturation with the chorionic gonadotropin, showed that the amount of secretory material diminishes in both types of cells. The area of gonadotropic cells (GTC) and their nuclei, as well as their workload secretory content, was significantly reduced for the fish with spawn eggs of high fishing quality (80-95% fertilization). There is an intensive decrease of both secretory granules and content of cisterns of the granular endoplasmic reticulum. By contrast, mass secretion of endogenous gonadotropic hormone (GTG) from the cells does not occur in the case of fish producing eggs of low fish quality (5-10% fertilization). As for females of the latter type GTG secretion from the GTC-type holocrine is not observed. By the hypophysis the formation of the ovulatory wave of gonadotropin for females with different fecundity takes place differently due to the change of correlation of mero- and holocrine secretion processes.
1.Yaron, Z., Gur, G., Melamed, P., Rosenfeld, H., Elizur, A., Levavi-Sivan, B. Regulation
of fish gonadotropins. International Review of Cytology. 2003. Vol. 225. Pp. 131-185.
2. Honji, R.M., Nóbrega, R.H., Pandolfi, M., Shimizu, A., Borella, M., Moreira, R.G.
Immunohistochemical study of pituitary cells in wild and captive Salminus hilarii (Characi-
formes: Characidae) females during the annual reproductive cycle. Springerplus. 2013.
Sep. 13. № 2. P. 460.
3. Andersson, E., Schulz, R.W., Male, R., Bogerd, J., Patiña, D., Benedet, S., Norberg, B.,
Taranger, G.L. Pituitary gonadotropin and ovarian gonadotropin receptor transcript levels:
seasonal and photoperiod-induced changes in the reproductive physiology of female Atlantic
salmon (Salmo salar). General and Comparative Endocrinology. 2013. Sep 15. Vol. 191.
4. Burlakov, A.B. Gormonal´naia reguliatsiia reproduktivnoi funktsii u ikromechushchikh ryb (Avtoref. dokt. diss.) [Hormonal regulation of reproductive function in egg-laying fish (Extended Abstract of Dr. Sci. Diss.)]. Moscow, 2002. 50 p. (in Russian).
5. Burlakov, A.B. The role of the pituitary gland of recipient in the formation of quality
of sexual products during the artificial reproduction of Cypriniformes / In: Sovremennye
problemy ekologicheskoi fiziologii i biokhimii ryb [Modern problems of ecological physiology and biochemistry of fishes]. Vilnius, 1988. Pp. 91-113. (in Russian).
6. Burlakov, A.B., Belova, N.V., Godovich, P.L., Tsibezov, V.V. The role of the endocrine
system in forming the quality of fish eggs of silver carp Hypophthalmichthys molitrix in the
artificial reproduction. Voprosi ikhtiologii — Problems of Ichthyology. 1991. Vol. 31. № 5.
Pp. 839-850. (in Russian).
7. Burlakov, A.B. The role of endocrine system of the recipient in the maturation of carp
fish during exogenous hormonal stimulation / In: Nauka i obrazovanie: problemy i pers-
pektivy razvitiia. Proceeding of the International scientific and practical conference,
30 August 2014. Ch. 2. Tambov, 2014. Pp. 28-29. (in Russian).
8. Burlakov, A.B., Belova, N.V., Emel’ianova, N.G. Activity of gonadotropin in blood
serum and the quality of eggs during artificial reproduction of the silver carp Hypophthal-
michthys molitrix. Voprosi ikhtiologii — Problems of Ichthyology. 1987. Vol. 27. № 6.
Pp. 962-970. (in Russian).
9. Dobrynina, M.T., Burlakov, A.B. Immunohistochemical study of glycoprotein cells
in the pituitary gland of the white silver carp Hypophthalmichthys molitrix (Val.).
Biologocheskie Nauki — Biological Sciences. 1989. № 10. Pp. 3-8. (in Russian).
10. Burlakov, A.B. Activity of gonadotropins in the pituitary gland and the serum
of female silver carp Hypophthalmichthys molitrix (Val.) (Cyprinidae) during different
stages of the reproductive cycle. Voprosi ikhtiologii — Problems of Ichthyology. 1985.
Vol. 25. № 3. Pp. 494-504. (in Russian).
11. Barannikova, I.A. Hormonal regulation of reproduction of sturgeon / In: Proceedingsof VNIRO. 1978. Vol. CXXX. Ch. 2. Pp. 6-16. (in Russian).