Release:2015, Vol. 1. №1(1)
About the authors:Nina A. Bome, Dr. Sci. (Agricul.), Professor, Head of the Department of Botany, Biotechnology and Landscape Architecture, Institute of Biology, Tyumen State University
Abstract:Within two years of research (2013-2014), the impact of ecological factors on the formation of the main characteristics of the productivity of the spike of hybrid (F4; F5) forms of soft spring wheat was studied in the three geographical spots: in Russia (Tyumen region) and Germany (Baden-Württemberg and Lower Saxony). The spots considerably differ in their soil climatic conditions and geographical position. It is shown that the best hybrid forms surpassed standard grades in terms of biological productivity by 62,2% in the Tyumen region and by 44,1% in Baden-Württemberg, whereas no advantages were revealed in Lower Saxony. The reaction of the hybrids to sharply differing environmental conditions according to the quantity and mass of grains per spike was ambiguous. It is established that the hybrid forms had an average degree of variability according to the amount of grains per spike (CV=11-25%) and a strong degree of variability according to the mass of grain per spike (CV>25%). Hybrid combinations with the minimum and maximum scope of variation of the studied signs are observed. By means of the three-factorial dispersive analysis the share of the major factors in the phenotypic variability of the two quantitative signs of the spike is established. On the basis of the amount of grains per spike, the hybrid combinations characterized by ecological plasticity and stability in various soil climatic conditions of Russia (Western Siberia) and Germany are pointed out.
1. Kosulina, L.G., Lucenko, Je.K., Aksenova, V.A. Fiziologija ustojchivosti rastenij
k neblagoprijatnym faktoram sredy [Physiology of plants resistance to negative factors
of the environment]. Rostov-on-Don, 2011. 236 p. (in Russian).
2. Bome, N.A. Podbor kul´tur i metody sozdanija sortov dlja jekstremal´nyh uslovij
Severnogo Zaural´ja (Avtoref dokt. diss.) [Selection of Cultures and Methods of Creation
of Breeds Suitable for Extreme Conditions of Northern Trans-Urals (Extended Abstract
of Doct. Sci. Diss.)]. St-Petersburg, 1996. 46 p. (in Russian).
3. Bome, A.Ja., Bome, N.A. Research of the Triticum aestivum L. genepool based on
reaction of plants to the lowered temperatures. Estestvennye i tehnicheskie nauki —
Natural and Technical Sciences. 2012. № 1. Pp. 117-121. (in Russian).
4. Ripberger, E.I., Bome, N.A., Trautc, D. Study of the germination capacity of seeds
of hybrids of the soft spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in various ecological and geographical conditions. V mire nauchnyh otkrytij — In the World of Scientific Discoveries. 2014. № 8(56). Pp. 148-168. (in Russian).
5. Luneva, M.V. Vlijanie uslovij vyrashhivanija na vnutrisortovuju izmenchivost´
kolichestvennyh priznakov u ozimoj pshenicy (Avtoref. kand. diss.) [Influence of cultivation conditions on the intravariety variability of quantitative markers in winter wheat (Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. Moscow, 1975. 20 p. (in Russian).
6. Dorofeev, V.F. Laptev, Ju.P. Chekalin, N.M. Cvetenie, opylenie i gibridizacija rastenij [Blossoming, Pollination and Hybridization of Plants]. Moscow, 1990. 144 p. (in Russian).
7. Griffing, B.A. Concept of general and specific combining ability in relation to diallel crossing systems. Australian Journal of Biological Sciences. 1956. № 4. Pp. 463-493.
8. Field, A., Mieles, J., Field, Z. Discovering statistics using R. London, 2012. 992 p.
9. Eberhart, S.A., Russell, W.A. Stability Parameters for Comparing Varieties. Crop
science. 1966. № 1. Vol. 6. Pp. 36-40.
10. Babushkina, T.D., Bome, N.A., Belkina, R.I. Jarovaja pshenica v Tjumenskoj
oblasti: rekomendacii [Spring Wheat in the Tyumen Region: A guide]. Tyumen, 1984. 37 p. (in Russian).
11. Gaju, O., Reynolds, M.P., Sparkes, D.L., Foulkes, M.J. Relationships between largespike phenotype, grain number, and yield potential in spring wheat. Crop Science. 2009. Vol. 49. № 3. Pp. 961-973.
12. Protich, R., Nodorovich, G., Protich, N. Grain weight per spike of wheat using different
ways of seed protection. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science. 2012. Vol. 18. № 2.
13. Knezevic, D., Zecevic, V., Stamenkovic, S., Atanasijevic, S., Milosevic, B. Variability
of number of kernels per spike in wheat cultivars (Triticum aestivum L.). Journal of Central
European Agriculture. 2012. № 13(3). Pp. 617-623.
14. Tret’jakov, N.N., Loseva, A.S., Makrushin, N.M. et al. Fiziologija i biohimija
sel´skohozjajstvennyh rastenij [Physiology and Biochemistry of Agricultural Plants]. Moscow, 2000. 640 p. (in Russian).
15. Eid, M.H. Estimation of heritability and genetic advance of yield of traits in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under drought condition. International Journal of Genetics and Molecular Biology. 2009. № 1(7). Pp. 115-120.
16. Vedrov, N.G. Selekcija i semenovodstvo jarovoj pshenicy v jekstremal´nyh uslovijah [Selection and Seed Farming of the Spring Wheat in Extreme Conditions]. Krasnoyarsk,1984. 240 p. (in Russian).
17. Arbuzova, V.S., Efremova, T.T., Martinek, P., et al. Variability of spike productivity in F2 hybrids obtained by crossing wheat varieties of Novosibirskaya 67, Saratovskaya 29 and PUZA-4 with the multiflorous line of SKLE 123-09. Vavilovskij zhurnal genetiki i selekcii — Vavilovsk Journal of Genetics and Selection. 2014. Vol. 18. № 4(1). Pp. 704-712. (in Russian).
18. Kuperman, F.M., Rzhanova, E.I. Biologija razvitija kul´turnyh rastenij [Biology
of Development of Agricultural Plants], Moscow, 1982. 343 p. (in Russian).
19. Potanin, V.G., Alejnikov, A.F., Stjopochkin, P.I. A new approach to estimation of the
ecological plasticity of plant breeds. Vavilovskij zhurnal genetiki i selekcii — VavilovskJournal of Genetics and Selection. 2014. Vol. 18. № 3. Pp. 548-552. (in Russian).