Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2014
About the authors:Sergey L. Galyan, Dr. Sci. (Med.), Professor, Head of the Department of Biochemistry, Tyumen State Medical Academy
Abstract:The study on the effect of isoflurane on the POL-AOP system (lipid peroxidation — antioxidant protection) encompasses 36 patients with CHD (coronary heart disease) who underwent CABG (coronary artery bypass grafting) surgery. The patients did not differ in the functional class of heart failure, angina, and comorbidities. The anesthetic management of the operation was performed by one protocol based on isoflurane; duration periods of the pre-perfusion and perfusion in the patients were comparable. The CABG surgery has been accompanied by disturbances in the LPO-AOD erythrocytes and plasma, which was confirmed by the oppositely directed changes (increase or decrease) in DC performance, oxidation rate, AOP, AL, PL and cholesterol levels during the stages of the study. The highest intensity of the process of lipid peroxidation is registered at the pre-perfusion stage. The membrane-trophic and preconditioning effect of isoflurane increases the blood lipids resistance to peroxidation during assisted circulation and the early postoperative period. Inhibition of lipid peroxidation process and improvement of the cholesterol-synthesizing liver function during assisted circulation indicates adequate anesthetic protection.
1. Korotkina, R.N., Korestelev, A.N., Sitnikov, A.V. et al. Metabolic effects of Mexidol in cardiosurgical operations with artificial circulation. Anesteziologiia i reanimatologiia — Anesthesiology and reanimatology. 2005. № 3. Pp. 21-23. (in Russian).
2. Lankin, V.Z., Tikhaze, A.K., Belenkov, Iu.N. Svobodnoradikal'nye protsessy v norme i pri patologicheskikh sostoianiiakh [Free-radical processes in normal and pathological conditions]. Moscow, 2001. 59 p. (in Russian).
3. Dolina, O.A., Galeev, F.S, Farkhutdinov, R.R. Impact of General anesthesia and its components on free radical processes. Anesteziologiia i reanimatologiia — Anesthesiology and reanimatology. 1987. № 5. Pp. 71-75. (in Russian).
4. Il'inykh, T.Iu., Galian, S.L., Kadochnikova, G.D. et al. Possibilities of correction of oxidative stress in patients in critical condition. Efferentnaia terapiia — Efferent therapy. 2011. Vol. 17. № 3. Pp. 37-39. (in Russian).
5. Fateev, A.V. Vliianie kombinatsii anestetikov na sostoianie lipidperoksidatsii krovi u bol'nykh IBS pri operativnom lechenii (Avtoref. diss. kand.) Influence of a combination of anesthetics on the state lipiderm-sidali blood in CHD patients in surgical treatment (Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Biol.) Diss.)]. Tyumen, 2006. 22 p. (in Russian).
6. Trekova, N.A., Iavorskii, A.G. Systemic inflammatory response of the body in operations with IR and ways of reduction of its activity / Rukovodstvo po kardioanesteziologii [Kardioanestesiology handbook]. / Ed. by A.A. Buniatan. Moscow, 2005. Pp. 210-220. (in Russian).
7. Ushkalova, V.N, Ioanidis, N.V., Kadochnikova, G.D. A comprehensive analysis of blood lipids spectrophotometric, spectral and kinetic methods. Laboratornoe delo — Laboratory work. 1987. № 6. Pp. 446-450. (in Russian).
8. Likhvantsev, V.V. Skripkin, Iu.E., Grebenchikov, O.A. et al. Mechanisms of action and main effects of galogen anesthetics. Vestnik intensivnoi terapii — Herald of intensive care. 2013. № 3. Pp. 44-51. (in Russian).
9. Pasheev, A.V., Baialieva, A.Zh., Shpaner, R.Ia. Influence of modern inhale-zinych anesthetics on preconditioning and protection of myocardial. Vestnik intensivnoi terapii — Herald of intensive care. 2007. № 4. Pp. 67-70. (in Russian).10. Karpishchenko, V.S. Meditsinskie laboratornye tekhnologii: spravochnik [Medical laboratory technologies: a Handbook]. St-Petersburg, 2002. 600 p. (in Russian). и др.