Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2014
About the authors:Elena S. Yagudina, Senior Tutor and Sports Trainer, Center of Recreational Physical Education, Tyumen State University; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:The article dwells upon peculiarities of cardiac activity of young men periodically using drugs of the opium group. The research is based on electrocardiographic data. We surveyed 105 young men aged 17-21. 65 males (the 1st test group) had parents with alcohol dependence; group II included 40 persons who had no PAS-dependent parents. The 3rd control group (100 healthy students denying use of narcotic substances). The average age was 20.3±0.6 years old; duration of drug use was 0.9±0.2 years. Analysis of ECG and ECA (electrical cardiac axis) revealed correspondence of the amplitude, Q-waves, length of segments and intervals to normal for the target age group. There was significant prevalence of functional disorders in the bioelectric myocardial activity in the groups of drug users. The frequency of disorders per 1 student equaled 0.58 cases, per hereditary tainted drug user — 2.21 cases, without hereditary problems — 1.98 cases. The QRS duration, value of QT interval, decrease in the amplitude and change of the T wave shape were on the verge of norm and pathology. Failures of automatism in young male drug users is 4.25 times more often than in students. Drug users suffer from sinus bradycardia, sinus arrhythmia and migration of the supraventricular rhythm driver significantly more often than from other disorders. Drug users typically have a vertical electrical heart axis (dextrogram), which is associated with increased frequency of asthenic type occurrence and physiological immaturity of the myocardium. Besides, they are characterized by slow maturation of the heart muscle and myocardial metabolic disorders. The males characterized by the abovementioned conditions constitute a risk group for development a heart disease.
1. Baian, V.P., Kosolapov, A.B. Estimation of the social cost of drug abuse in the Primorsky region. Vestnik Tikhookeanskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta — Bulletin of the Pacific Ocean State Economic University. 2010. № 2. Pp. 117-127. (in Russian).
2. News of Russian and world narcological communities. Narkologiia — Narcology. 2010. № 12. Pp. 3-16. (in Russian).
3. Iakushev, V.V.Cerebral palsy "anti-Drug program of the Tyumen region" for 2012-2014 the minutes of the meeting of anti-Drug Commission 20.03.2013 № 22. (in Russian).
4. Koshkina, E.A., Kirzhanova, V.V. The main trends and age-related features of the prevalence of mental and behavioural disorders caused by the use of psychoactive substances, in Russia in 2003. Psikhiatriia i psikhofarmakoterapiia — Psychiatry and psihofarmakoterapia. 2004. Vol. 6. № 3. Pp. 106-110. (in Russian).
5. Mikhailova, Iu.V., Nechaeva, O.B., Abramov, A.Iu The epidemiological situation on mental and behavioural disorders related to substance use in the Russian Federation. Sotsial'nye aspekty zdorov'ia naseleniia — Social aspects of health of the population. 2012. Vol. 26. № 4. Pp. 8-18. (in Russian).
6. Chernobrovkina, T.V., Arkavyi, I.V. Somatic complications from anesthesia in children and adolescents. Narkologiia — Narcology. 2002. № 6. Pp. 31-39. (in Russian).
7. Chernobrovkina, T.V., Arkavyi, I.V. Karamysheva, L.G. et al. Prognostic value and features of early diagnosis of the defeat of the cardiovascular system in adolescents under the influence of psychoactive substances. Narkologiia — Narcology. 2003. № 10. Pp. 53-57. (in Russian).
8. Aleksandrov, S.G., Iasnikova, E.E. The performance of the cardiovascular system in patients with heroin dependence in the period of cancellation drug. Rosiiskii fiziologicheskii zhurnal im. I.M. Sechenova — Russian Fiziology Journal. 2004. Vol. 90. № 8. P. 470. (in Russian).
9. Kochetkova, E.A., Sherstiuk, B.V., Gel'tser, G.I. Cardio-respiratory disorders in drug addiction. Terapevticheskii arkhiv — Therapeutic archive. 1998. Vol. 70. № 12. Pp. 84-87. (in Russian).
10. Strutynskii, A.V. Elektrokardiogramma: analiz i interpretatsiia [Electrocardiogram: analysis and interpretation]. Moscow, 2011. 224 p. (in Russian).
11. Grachev, S.V., Ivanov, G.G., Syrkin, A.L. Novye metody elektrokardiografii [New methods of electrocardiography]. Moscow, 2007. 550 p. (in Russian).
12. Committee on Safety of Medicines-Medicines Control Agency. Suspension of availability of sertindole (serdolect). Current Problems in Pharmacovigilance 1999; 25:1.
13. Lakin, G.F. Biometriia [Biometrics]. Moscow, 1990. 238 p. (in Russian).
14. Glants, S. Mediko-biologicheskaia statistika [Biomedical statistics]. Moscow, 1998. 459 p. (in Russian).
15. Rukovodstvo po narusheniiam ritma serdtsa [Guide arrhythmias] / Ed. by E.I. Chazov, S.P. Golitsin. Moscow, 2008. 235 p. (in Russian).
16. Okorokov, A.N. Diagnostika boleznei vnutrennikh organov: T. 10. Diagnostika boleznei serdtsa i sosudov [Diagnostics of internal diseases: Vol. 10. Diagnostics of diseases of heart and vessels]. Moscow, 2008. 384 p. (in Russian).
17. Grigor'eva, E.G. Kliniko-funktsional'nyi status i osobennosti vegetativnoi reguliatsii ritma serdtsa u bol'nykh opiinoi narkomaniei (Avtoref. diss. kand.) [Clinical and functional status and peculiarities of vegetative regulation of cardiac rhythm in patients with opiate addiction (Extended Abstract of Dr. Sci. (Med.) Diss.)]. Tomsk, 2007. 23 p. (in Russian).
18. Sethi, K.K., Dhall, A., Chadha, D.S. et al. WPW and preexcitation syndromes. J. Assoc. Physicians India. 2007. V. 55. Pp. 10-15. (in Russian).
19. Gorgaslidze, A.G., Saifullaeva, M.A., Kuz'mina, M.M. et al. Violations of heart rhythm and sokratimosti attack case of opium and ephedrin addiction. Kardiologiia — Cardiology. 1993. № 1. Pp. 14-16. (in Russian).
20. Chernobrovkina, T.V., Arkavyi, I.V., Karamysheva, L.G. Prospects for the use of laboratory Animo-biological and instrumental criteria in diagnosis of cardiopathology adolescents who abuse drugs opium groups / In: Problemy sovremennoi narkologii i psikhiatrii v Rossii i za rubezhom [Problems of modern narcology and psychiatry in Russia and abroad]. Moscow, 1999. Pp. 324-328. (in Russian).