Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2014
About the authors:Lyudmila I. Katashinskaya, Cand. Sci. (Biol.), Associate Professor at the Department of Biology, Geography and their Teaching Methods, Ishim State Pedagogical Institute named after P. Yershov (Tyumen State University Branch); Katashinskaya@yandex.ru
Abstract:The aim of the research is to study the influence of smoking on the functional status of the respiratory system. By means of the method of spirography the basic functional data for smokers and non-smokers were defined as well as the level of blood oxygen saturation (oxygenation level). To study the connection between smoking, the level of oxygen saturation and breathing rate of smokers and non-smokers we took tests in the state of complete relaxation and after physical exercise. Parameters of vital capacity and respiratory volume in the groups of smokers and non-smokers do not differ significantly. The functional status of the respiratory system of smoking men and women is characterized by low levels of the forced expiratory volume 1 and the Tiffno`s index (FEV1/FVC ratio (FEV1%)), which means that these groups may have bronchial obstruction and obstructive changes in respiratory tracts. After physical exercises the level of blood oxygenation in smokers was significantly lower which indicates violation of gaseous metabolism in the smoker`s organism. The breathing rate of smokers and non-smokers after exercising was significantly different from the values obtained in the state of complete relaxation. Smokers demonstrated a higher breathing rate than non-smokers, notwithstanding the sex difference. The high breathing rate of smokers after exercising indicates violation of lung ventilation.
1. Shishkin, G.S. Impact of tobacco smoking on the system of external breathing
in adolescents and youths. Gigiena i sanitariia — Hygiene and sanitation. 2001. № 3.
Pp. 61-64. (in Russian).
2. Bezrukikh, M.M., Farber, D.A. Fiziologiia razvitiia rebenka: teoreticheskie i prikladnye
aspekty [Physiology of child development: theoretical and practical aspects]. Moscow, 2000.
Pp. 168-174. (in Russian).
3. Katashinskaia, L.I., Gubanova, L.V. Study morfofunktsional-governmental indicators
senior pupils Ishimsky region. Vestnik Tiumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta —
Tyumen State University herald. 2013. № 6. Series «Medical-biological sciences».
Pp. 110-117. (in Russian).
4. Katashinskaia, L.I., Gubanova, L.V. The level of anxiety and the functional state of the
cardiovascular system schoolchildren. Izvestiia Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiiskoi
akademii nauk — Bulletin of Samara scientific centre (Russian Academy of Sciences).
2012. Vol. 14. № 5(2). Pp. 351-354. (in Russian).
5. Rudkevich, M.V. Stokhasticheskaia imitatsionnaia model' odnogo mekhanizma
pul'mokardial'noi sistemy (Avtoref. diss. kand.) [Stochastic simulation model one furmechanism
pulmonale system (Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.) Diss.)].
Ulyanovsk, 2005. 15 p. (in Russian).
6. Belov, A.A., Lakshina, N.A. Otsenka funktsii vneshnego dykhaniia: metodicheskie
podkhody i diagnosticheskoe znachenie [Evaluation of the function of external respiration:
IU-methodological approaches and diagnostic value]. Moscow, 2006. 68 p. (in Russian).
7. German, A.K. State lung volumes, capacities and alveolar ventilation smokers.
Vrachebnoe delo — Medical business. 1990. № 3. Pp. 37-38. (in Russian).
8. Ievleva, V.A. Influence of Smoking on the adaptive possibilities of the function
of external respiration and oxygen balance in young men. Nizhegorodskii meditsinskii
zhurnal — Nizhny Novgorod medical journal. 1998. № 1. Pp. 24-25. (in Russian).
9. Gnoevykh, V.V., Smirnova, A.Iu., Portnova, Iu.A., Kupriianov, A.A. Integral estimation
of the early dysfunction pulmonale system smokers and neku-illuminator persons with diseases
of the respiratory system. Pul'monologiia — Pulmonology. 2011. № 12. Pp. 847-863.
10. Sakharova, G.M. Impact of tobacco smoking on the body. Kachestvo zhizni.
Meditsina — Quality of life. Medicine. 2004. № 1. Pp. 14-16. (in Russian).
11. Gnoevykh, V.V. Mathematical modeling of early nicotine-solitonnykh dysfunction
pulmo-cardiac system on the start this is the crotch of COPD. Pul'monologiia — Pulmonology.2007. № 2. Pp. 63-67. (in Russian).