Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2014
About the authors:Andrey W. Elifanov, Cand. Sci. (Biol.), Head of the Department of Human and Animal Anatomy and Physiology, University of Tyumen; email@example.com
Abstract:IIn the Far North the human organism is constantly exposed to climatic, geophysical and cosmic factors. The study of the reproductive function of women is critical at present since women are the most sensitive population group. Women's health is influenced by unfavorable climatic and geographic factors as well as characteristics of employment. Considering this aspect, we carried out a survey of women with endocrine infertility living in Nizhnevartovsk and working in various branches of industry. A multi-aspect analysis of the parameters of their hormonal status was carried out: we determined concentration of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone in different phases of the menstrual cycle in women with endocrine infertility; established the dependence of progesterone and estradiol secretion from the phase of the menstrual cycle; and studied the dependence of blood levels of hormones from the season of the year as well as from professional occupation. The examined women with a menstrual cycle with luteal phase deficiency demonstrate significant increase in the concentration of luteinizing hormone in the blood serum during the follicular phase, women with anovulatory cycles show a steady increase in the concentration of luteinizing hormone throughout the cycle. Analysis of the seasonal changes of the endocrine profile in women reveal an increase in the concentration of follicle stimulating hormone in winter (in the first phase of the cycle) and an increase of LH level in the first phase of the ovarian cycle during the summer period.The endocrine profile parameters in the surveyed women are not dependent on their professional occupation.
1. Reproductive health in women as a criterion for assessing the biological environment.
Vestnik Rossiiskoi assotsiatsii akusherov-ginekologov — Bulletin of the Russian
Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. 1997. № 3. Pp. 72-78. (in Russian).
2. Serov, V.N. Ginekologicheskaia endokrinologiia [Gynecological Endocrinology].
Moscow, 2004. 528 p. (in Russian).
3. Kulakov, V.I. Diagnostika i lechenie zhenskogo besplodiia. Prakticheskaia ginekologiia (Klinicheskie lektsii) [Diagnosis and treatment of female. Practical Gynecology (Clinical lectures)]. Moscow, 2001. 720 p. (in Russian).
4. Kulakov, V.I. Klinicheskie rekomendatsii: Akusherstvo i ginekologiia [Clinical guidelines: Obstetrics and Gynaecology]. Moscow, 2006. 230 p. (in Russian).
5. Grishchenko, V.I. Nauchnye osnovy regulirovaniia rozhdaemost [Scientific bases of regulating fertility]. Kiev, 1983. 208 p. (in Russian).
6. Korneeva, I.E. Obshchaia kontseptsiia diagnostiki i klassifikatsii form besplodiia. Besplodnyi brak. Sovremennye podkhody k diagnostike i lecheniiu [General concept of diagnosis and classification forms of infertility. Sterile marriage. Modern approaches to diagnosis and treatment]. Moscow, 2006. 510 p. (in Russian).
7. Usoskin, I.I. The flow of the menstrual cycle in women during adaptation to the Arctic
/ In: Mediko-biologicheskie problemy adaptatsii naseleniia v usloviiakh Krainego Severa:
sb. nauch. tr. [Biomedical problems of adaptation of the population in the Far North. Collection of scientific papers]. Novosibirsk, 1974. Pp. 104-105. (in Russian).
8. Gubkina, Z.D. Status of the pituitary — gonadal women of Northern European / In:
Voprosy ekologii endokrinologii na Severe [Endocrinology Environmental issues in the
North]. Leningrad, 1989. Pp. 14-17. (in Russian).
9. Elifanov, A.V., Panin, S.V., Shalabodov, A.V., Shalabodova, A.G. A comprehensive
study of the functional state of the organism women Tyumen region. Vestnik Kurganskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriia: Fiziologiia, psikhofiziologiia, psikhologiia i meditsina — Bulletin of the Kurgan State University. Series: Physiology, psychophysiology, psychology and medicine. 2008. № 11. Pp. 44-45. (in Russian).
10. Elifanov, A.V., Panin, S.V. Comprehensive assessment body girls puberty under
natural and anthropogenic environmental risks. Vestnik Tiumenskogo gosudarstvennogo
universiteta — Tyumen State University herald. 2011. № 12. Series «Ecology». Pp. 108-112. (in Russian).