Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2014
About the authors:Mikhail A. Levchenko, Cand. Sci. (Veterinary), Cand. Sci. (Biol.), Head of the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Russian Research and Development Institute of Veterinary Entomology and Arachnology of the Russian Agricultural Academy (Tyumen)
Abstract:At present veterinary pest control studies focus on development of effective and simple insecticides. There is a growing demand for modern environmentally friendly insecticides; for example those made of plant-based raw materials. In this research we have studied the insecticidal effect of the mixture of fipronil and fir oil on adult species of Musca domestica as well as its permanence and cryostability. Mixtures of fipronil and fir oil in ratios 1:225, 1:450, 1:900 and 1:1800 have been tested. In all cases, the nature of the component interaction was additive. The greatest value of the combination index was found in 1:450 ratio. This mixture used against adult flies is classified as of average effeciency, fast-acting with an irreversible insecticidal effect. Lethal doses LD50, LD84 and LD99 of the mixture (1:450) for flies have been determined according to the type of the treated surface. Acute toxicity of the mixture for mice (hazard class II in accordance with GOST 12.1.007-76) has been determined.
1. Nepoklonov, A.A. Status and prospects of the control of arthropod pests of farm animals in the USSR. Problemy veterinarnoi sanitarii — Problems of Veterinary Sanitation. 1968. V. 31. Pp. 3-9. (in Russian).
2. Pavlov, S.D. The economic effect of animal protect from midges. Problemy veterinarnoi sanitarii — Problems of Veterinary Sanitation. 1962. V. 20. Pp. 172-178. (in Russian).
3. Veselkin, G.A, Pavlov, S.D. From the experience of fight against telyaziose of cattle by destroying grazing flies / In: Materialy po veterinarnoi arakhno-entomologii i veterinarnoi sanitarii. № 1 [Materials of veterinary arachno-entomology and veterinary sanitation. № 1]. Tyumen, 1969. Pp. 179-184. (in Russian).
4. Bakanova, E.I. Contemporary combined preparation forms of insecticedes and acaricides and some aspects of their application. Dezinfektsionnoe delo — Disinfection affairs. 2004. № 4. V. 50. Pp. 57-63. (in Russian).
5. Dremova, V.P. Pyrethrins and synthetic pyrethroids. Meditsinskaia parazitologiia —Medical parasitology. 1987. № 4. Pp. 76-82. (in Russian).
6. Roslavtseva, S.A. New tools of the medical disinsection. Gigiena i sanitariia —Hygiene and sanitation. 1992. № 9/10. Pp. 60-64. (in Russian).
7. Kostina, M.N. The basic directions of disinsection improvement at the present stage. Dezinfektsionnoe delo — Disinfection affairs. 2003. № 1. V. 43. Pp. 50-59. (in Russian).
8. Pavlov, S.D., Pavlova, R.P. Izuchenie effektivnosti insektitsidov i rezistentnosti populiatsii nasekomykh k ikh deistviiu metodom dozirovannogo kontaktirovaniia (metodicheskie rekomendatsii) [Study of the effectiveness of insecticides and insect populations resistant to their action by dose contacting (guidelines)]. Tyumen, 2005. 38 p. (in Russian).
9. Nepoklonov, A.A., Talanov, G.A. Metodicheskie ukazaniia po ispytaniiu pestitsidov, prednaznachennykh dlia bor'by s ektoparazitami zhivotnykh [Methodical instructions for testing pesticides intended to control ectoparasites of animals]. Moscow, 1973. 48 p. (in Russian).
10. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po izucheniiu effektivnosti repellentov i insektitsidov v veterinarii [Guidelines for study of the effectiveness of repellents and insecticides in veterinary]. Moscow, 1982. 14 p. (in Russian).
11. Levchenko, M.A. Effectiveness of Delcid at disinsection of livestock buildings against flies. Sibirskii vestnik sel'skokhoziaistvennoi nauki — Siberian herald of agricultural science. 2009. № 6. Pp. 104-106. (in Russian).
12. Nabokov, V.A. Kontaktnye insektitsidy, ikh svoistva i primenenie v meditsinskoi dezinsektsii [Contact insecticides, their properties and application in a medical disinsection]. Moscow, 1958. 246 p. (in Russian).