Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2013
About the authors:Natalia V. Loginova, Cand. Med. Sci., Associate professor, Director, AE SSP TR
Abstract:The article is devoted to the assessment of the prevention system of children's disability in the Tyumen region aimed at improvement of the available rehabilitation services for children with health and developmental problems. There are currently 23 services providing primary care for children with health and developmental problems and their families on the territory of the city of Tyumen and the south of the Tyumen region. These rehabilitation services cover 3940 children with deviations in development and health. Assistance can be rendered both in special institutions and at children’s homes. Rehabilitation services include medical (massage, medical and adaptive physical exercises, physical therapy), psychological and logaoedic assistance. Family members of disabled child are taught the basics of social and medical rehabilitation at home; social and medical patronage of the families is carried out. Consequently, the common rate of disabilities among 0-3-year-old children has decreased from 49 to 39,1 per 10,000 children.
1. Balabolkin, I.I., Kovanova, N.N., Ignat'eva, R.K., Volkova, E.A. The Influence of Anteand Intranatal Fetal Hypoxia on Clinical development of Atopy among Children [Vlijanie perenesennoj ante- i intranatal'noj gipoksii ploda na razvitie klinicheskih projavlenij atopii u detej]. Materialy VIII kongressa pediatrov «Sovremennye problemy profilakticheskoj pediatrii» (Materials of VIII Congress of Pediatricians “Modern Problems of Preventive Pediatrics”). Moscow, 2003. P. 22 (in Russian).
2. Cherjukanov, A.V. Need of Disabled Children in Social Rehabilitation. Biomedicinskij
zhurnal Medline.ru T. 8. PED IATRIJa — Biomedical Journal Medline.ru Vol. 8.
PED IATRICS. 2007. P. 538 (in Russian).
3. Lilyin, Е.Т. Social Problems of Growth of Children’s Disabilities [Social'nye problemy
rosta detskoj invalidnosti]. Detskij cerebral'nyj paralich i drugie narushenija dvizhenija
u detej: sb. tezisov II nauch.-praktich. konf. s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem (Infantile
Cerebral Paralysis and Other Mechanical Failures of Children: Collection of Theses of II
Scientific Conference with International Participation). Moscow, 2012. P. 94 (in Russian).
4. Ivanova, V.S. Theoretical and Methodological Grounds for the Study of Peculiarities
of the Relations between Parents and their Children Suffering from Infantile Cerebral Paralysis
in Psychological Follow-up of the Family. Vestnik TPGU — Herald of TPSU. 2009. № 11(89). P. 113 (in Russian).
5. Conditions of Disability in Tyumen Region and Results of the Activity of the “Main
Bureau of Medical-Social Expertise in Tyumen Region”. FKU «GB MSJe po Tjumenskoj
oblasti» — “The Main Bureau of Medical-Social Expertise in Tyumen Region”. 2011.
P. 28 (in Russian).
6. Chadwick, O., Cuddy, M., Kusel, Y. et al. Handicaps and the development of skills between childhood and early adolescence in young people with severe intellectual disabilities
J. Intellect. Disabil. Res. 2005. V. 49, № 12. Р. 877–888.
7. Semenova, K.A. Vosstanovitel'noe lechenie detej s perinatal'nym porazheniem
nervnoj sistemy i detskim cerebral'nym paralichom [Rehabilitation of Children with Perinatal
Affection of the Nervous System and Infantile Cerebral Paralysis]. Moscow, 2007. P. 616
8. Razenkova, Ju.A. Service of Early Assistance as a Form of Rendering Psychological,
Pedagogical and Medical-Social Help to the Families with Young Children Suffering from
Disorders. Vospitanie i obuchenie detej s narushenijami razvitija — Upbringing and
Education of Children with Developmental Disorders. 2010. № 2. P. 35 (in Russian).
9. Goncharova, E.L. On the Issue of the Subject of Psychological-Pedagogical Follow-up
Activities in the Developing Practice of Complex Assistance to Young Children. Defektologija
— Defectology. 2009. № 1. P. 45 (in Russian).10. Razenkova, Ju.A. Suggestions on Effective Use of Organizational Mechanisms for the Improvement and Development of the System of early Assistance in Different regions of the Country. Defektologija — Defectology. 2009. № 4. P. 61 (in Russian).