Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2013
About the authors:Lyudmila I. Katashinskaya, Cand. Sci. (Biol.), Associate Professor at the Department of Biology, Geography and their Teaching Methods, Ishim State Pedagogical Institute named after P. Yershov (Tyumen State University Branch); Katashinskaya@yandex.ru
Abstract:The assessment of morphofunctional indicators of senior pupils living in the Ishim district was carried out by means of traditional methods. The examined pupils are characterized by an average level of physical development. In the course of the study no pupils with a high level of physical development were detected, except in the group of 16-years-old pupils (3%). The group of 12- and 13-year-old children included boys and girls with a low level of physical development (4%). Depending on their age, distribution of the schoolchildren according to the level of their physical development changed in wavelike patterns. The levels of systolic and diastolic blood pressure rise with older children. The boys were found to have higher levels of blood pressure. The level of blood pressure is above the norm for all the groups under study. Lung capacity increases with age. The increase in lung capacity is more typical for boys, than for girls. In all the groups the living capacity of lungs is higher for boys than girls. The data obtained are accepted and used for objective assessment of the functional status of the children studying in the rural educational institutions of the south of the Tyumen Region as well as for planning a health care program for the children in comprehensive educational institutions. The data obtained during the experiment are used to optimize the functional status of pupils.
1. Baranov, A.A., Kuchma, V.R., Suhareva, L.M. Ocenka sostojanija zdorov'ja detej.
Novye podhody k profilakticheskoj i ozdorovitel'noj rabote v obrazovatel'nyh
uchrezhdenijah [Evaluation of Children’s Health. New Approaches to Preventive and
Rehabilitation Activity in Educational Institutions]. Geotar Medicina, 2008. 432 p.
2. Bogomolova, E.S., Kuzmichev, Ju.G., Chekalova, S.A. Evaluation of the Physical
development of Children and Adolescents with the help of Standards of Different Territorial Levels [Ocenka fizicheskogo razvitija detej i podrostkov s ispol'zovaniem standartov raznogo territorial'nogo urovnja]. Materialy X Vserossijskogo s'ezda gigienistov i sanitarnyh vrachej (Materials of X All-Russian Assembly of Hygienists and Sanitarians). Moscow, 2007. Pp. 474-478 (in Russian).
3. Katashinskaja, L.I., Gubanova, L.V. Health Condition of Modern Schoolchildren.
Izvestija Samarskogo nauchnogo centra RAN — Bulletin of Samara Scientific Center
of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2009 Vol. 11. №1. Pp. 869-871 (in Russian).
4. Kozin, V.V., Koshheeva, G.S. Contamination of the Waters of Tyumen Priishimye: A
Problem to be Solved. Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Herald of
Tyumen State University. 2010. № 7. Pp. 167-174 (in Russian).
5. Suppes, N.E. Ecological Evaluation of the Dead Waters of Ishim by the Method of
Bioindication. Izvestija Samarskogo nauchnogo centra RAN — Bulletin of Samara
Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2009. Vol. 11. № 1. Pp. 1157-1160 (in Russian).
6. Fiziologija razvitija rebenka: teoreticheskie i prikladnye aspekty [Physiology of
Child Development: Theoretical and Applied Aspects]. Moscow, 2000. 319 p. (in Russian).
7. Shhepljagina, L.A., Rimarchuk, G.V., L.I. Vasechkina. Fizicheskoe razvitie detej v
uslovijah jekologicheskogo neblagopoluchija: Posobie dlja vrachej [Physical Development
of Children in Ecologically Unsafe Environment: Textbook for Doctors]. Moscow, 2005. 28 p. (in Russian).
8. Korzan, E.S., Solov'ev, V.S. Physical development of Khanty and Russian Schoolchildren in Non-Industrial Environment. Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Herald of Tyumen State University. 2011. № 6. Pp. 112-115 (in Russian).
9. Agadzhanjan, N.A., Baevskij, R.M., Berseneva, A.P. Uchenie o zdorov'e i problemy
adaptacii [Study on Health and Adaptation Problems]. Stavropol, 2000. Pp. 168-170
10. Kuvichkina, M.V. Morphofunctional Indicators of Physical Development of
Schoolchildren of Different Age Groups from Contaminated Industrial Regions. Vestnik
Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Herald of Orenburg State University.
2008. № 88. Pp. 107-111 (in Russian).