Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2013
About the author:Natalia A. Gasheva, Cand. Biol. Sci., Senior Researcher, Laboratory of Ecology,
Abstract:The comparative study of the quantitative features of biennial offshoot systems of eight species of Salix was conducted. These species are S. triandra, S. myrtilloides, S. hastata, S. pyrolifolia, S. jenisseensis, S. phylicifolia, and S. uralicola. The samples for the study were obtained from plants growing in hard to reach remote areas of the reserve “Malaya Sos’va”. The modular approach and mathematical methods of analysis have been employed in the research methodology. The basic statistics, variability and correlation of seven morphostructural features of the offshoot modules of the last (AS) and previous (PS) years of vegetation are analyzed. The differences and similarities of the species as well as intra- and inter-specific statistical peculiarities of different structural and age specific offshoot modules (AS and PS) are considered and defined. The intraspecific and interspecific variability of some morphological characteristics («length of the stalk» and «the number of internodes») of the offshoot modules AS and PS does not correspond to the normal distribution law. Structural factors must explain such non-accidental character of the variability of the investigated features.
1. Antonova, I.S., Belova, О.А. On the Units of Morphological Structure of the Tree
Crown in the Temperate Zone. Sovremennye podhody k opisaniju struktury rastenija —
Modern Approaches to the Plant Structure Description. Ed. by N.P. Savinyh, Ju.А. Bobrova.
Kirov: Vyatka State University publ., 2008. Pp. 94–102 (in Russian).
2. Antonova, I.S., Belova, О.А. Transformation of the Modules of Different Crown Levels
of some Trees in connection with the Environmental Conditions and Phytocenotic Position.
Vestnik Tverskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Herald of Tver’ State University.
Series: Biology and Ecology. 2008. № 25 (85). Pp. 10–15 (in Russian).
3. Afonin, А.А. Regularities of Size Variability of the Lamina of Different Willow Species.
Problemy ustojchivogo razvitija radioaktivno zagrjaznennyh territorij stran SNG —
Problems of Sustainable Development of Radioactively Contaminated Territories of the
CIS Countries. Bryansk: Bryansk State Pedagogical University publ., 2000. Pp. 98–100
4. Afonin, А.А. Willows as an Object of Study of Biological Diversity. Vestnik Brjanskogo
gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Herald of Bryansk State University. 2003. № 1.
Pp. 113–118 (in Russian).
5. Afonin, А.А. Morphology of the Willow One-Year Laterals. Vestnik Brjanskogo
gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Herald of Bryansk State University. 2004. № 4.
Pp. 13–15 (in Russian).
6. Afonin, А.А. Morphodynamics of the Willow One-Year Laterals. Lesopol'zovanie,
jekologija i ohrana lesov: Fundamental'nye i prikladnye aspekty (Forest Management,
Ecology and Protection: Fundamental and Applied Aspects: Materials of the International
Scientific Conference). Tomsk, 2005. Pp. 223–224 (in Russian).
7. Mazurenko, М.Т., Hohrjakov, А.P. Classes of Tree Metamers. Zhurnal obshhej
biologii — Journal of General Biology. № 3. Pp. 409–421 (in Russian).
8. Savinyh, N.P. Modular Organizational Concept Application for Plant Structure
Description. Sovremennye podhody k opisaniju struktury rastenija — Modern Approaches
to Plant Structure Description. Ed. by. N.P. Savinyh, Ju.А. Bobrova. Kirov: Vyatka State
University publ., 2008. Pp. 47–69 (in Russian).
9. Gasheva, N.А. On Methoology of Structural Study of Salix Offshoots. Vestnik jekologii,
lesovedenija i landshaftovedenija — Herald of Ecology, Forest Management and
Landscape Science. 2011. № 12. Pp. 99-110 (in Russian).
10. Sejc, К.S., Antonova, I.S. Offshoots Variability Structure in the Tree Crown of Ulmus
laevis (Ulmaceae). Botanicheskij zhurnal — Botanical Journal. 2012. Vol. 97. Pp. 593-613(in Russian).