Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2013
About the author:Fania H. Betlyaeva, Сand. Sci. (Biol.), Associate Professor, Department of Zoology and Evolutional Ecology, Tyumen State University; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:Evaluation of the acaricidal activity of the fungus Fomitopsis officionalis was carried out on bees of Central Russian breed. In the laboratory, the effect of four doses of the fungus Fomitopsis officionalis on the mite Varroa destructor and worker bees was studied. Each dose was studied in triplicate. The control groups of bees were infested with Varroa destructor, though not exposed to the tested acaricide. We established a relatively rapid effect of the aerosols of the fungus Fomitopsis officionalis on the population of the mite Varroa destructor, parasitizing on adult bees. Within four hours after the application of the acaricide a significant reduction in the number of ectoparasites on the bees was noted at doses of 3 grams/ per application, 4 grams/per application (P ≤ 0,05). An increased dose of 5 grams of acaricide/ per application has significantly reduced the number of mites on the bees within one hour after the application (Р ≤ 0,01). When using the fungus Fomitopsis officionalis in the bee families it is necessary to keep the bees in the beehives with removable bottoms and under-frame mite-nets.
1. Grobov, О.F., Smirnov, А.М., Popov, Е.Т. Bolezni i vrediteli medonosnyh pchel
[Diseases and Pests of Honey Bees]. Moscow, 1987. 340 p. (in Russian).
2. Nazmiev, B.К., Saltykova, Е.S., Poskrjakov, А.V., Nikolenko, А.G., Hamadieva, А.R.,
Kutlin, N.G., Shareeva, Z.V. Chitosan-Based Product for Varroa Mites. Pchelovodstvo —
Bee Breeding. 2012. № 5. Pp. 26-27 (in Russian).
3. Domackaja, Т.F. Efficiency of Tanis for Varroatosis. Pchelovodstvo — Bee Breeding.
2012. № 10. P. 24-25 (in Russian).
4. Domackaja, Т.F. “Bivar” — Product for Fighting Varroatosis. Pchelovodstvo — Bee
Breeding. 1997. № 1. Pp. 23-25 (in Russian).
5. Klochko, R.Т., Voronkov, I.М. Varroatosis Treatment. Pchelovodstvo — Bee Breeding.
2009. № 2. Pp. 24-26 (in Russian).
6. Modin, О.А., Stolbov, N.М., Chsiev, О.L. Drone Brood in Varroatosis Diagnostics.
Pchelovodstvo — Bee Breeding. 2005. № 4. Pp. 28-29 (in Russian).
7. Ignat'eva, G.М., Mel'nik, V.N. Tactics of Varriatosis Fighting. Pchelovodstvo — Bee
Breeding. 2004. № 1. Pp. 32-33 (in Russian).
8. Borodachev, А.V., Burmistrov, А.N., Kas'janov, А.I. et. al. Metody provedenija
nauchno-issledovatel'skih rabot v pchelovodstve [Methods of Scientific Research in Bee
Breeding]. Rybnoe. 2002. 154 p. (in Russian).
9. Grobov, О.F., Ivanov, Ju.А., Sotnikov, А.N., Shablij, М.Ja., Migalatjuk, Е.М.,
Obuhov, М.L. Metodicheskie rekomendacii po izucheniju preparatov i sposobov bor'by
s varroatozom pchel [Methodological Recommendations on the Study of Products and
Treatments Methods for Varroatosis]. Moscow: VASHNIL, 1981. 49 p. (in Russian).
10. Gashev, S.N. Statisticheskij analiz dlja biologov [Statistical Analysis for Biologists].
Tyumen: Tjumenskij gosudarstvennyj universitet publ., 1998. 51 p. (in Russian).