Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Earth sciences (№7; №4). 2013
About the authors:Vasiliy V. Kozin, Dr. Geogr. Sci., Professor, Department of Social-Economic Geography and Nature Management, Institute of Mathematics, Science and Information Technologies, Tyumen State University
Abstract:The article suggests a way to estimate the environmental features of the gas transportation corridors. The estimate is based on the analysis of spatial interaction between elements of geotechnical systems powered by cartographic methods. The authors compiled a set of 1:5000 maps of the key areas: landscape and ecological maps of different types of landscape environments showing elements of geotechnical systems and hydrographic features of areas which vary in humidity conditions. The inventory of the areas on the map is based on the analysis of photo structural unities at aerospace pictures. The maps also have a legend for areas with different humidity conditions: it shows dry, fresh, humid, damp area types and frozen peat hydrotops; these types have been described and linked to the analysis of their influence on the engineering status of the contiguous gas pipeline system. The article identifies the reasons and describes characteristics of water erosion, processes of thermokarst and ground swell undercutting, which contribute to deterioration of gas transportation system and add to its costs. The article includes recommendations on monitoring and design of gas pipeline geotechnical systems in the utilities corridors which are based on the knowledge of interaction between engineering projects via ecosystems.
1. Zaharov, Ju.F. Inzhenerno-geologicheskij monitoring Zapadno-Sibirskih gazopromyslovyh i gazotransportnyh sistem i puti povyshenija ih nadezhnosti [Engineering and Geological Monitoring of Western Siberia Gas Field and Transport Systems and Ways to Improve their Reliability]. Moscow: All-Russia Economic Research Institute Gasprom, 1987. 45 p. (in Russian).
2. Chiharev, V.A. Geoinformational Technologies in geotechnical Monitoring of Pipeline Transport. Truboprovodnyj transport [teorija i praktika] — Pipeline Transport [theory and practice]. 2012. № 4. P. 4-6 (in Russian).
3. Idrisov, I.R. Landshaftno-jekologicheskoe obespechenie rekonstrukcii magistral'nyh nefteprovodov v Zapadnoj Sibiri (Avtoref. diss. kand.) [Topographic and Ecological Support for Main Oil Pipeline Reconstruction in the Western Siberia (Cand. Diss. thesis)]. Tyumen, 2003. 23 p. (in Russian).
4. Kozin, V.V. Landshaftnyj analiz v reshenii problem osvoenija neftegazonosnyh rajonov (Avtoref. diss. doct.) [Application of Topographic Analysis to the Issues of Oil-andgas Area Development (Doc. Diss. thesis)]. Irkutsk, 1993. 44 p. (in Russian).
5. Kozin, V.V. Landshaftnyj analiz v neftegazopromyslovom regione [Topographic Analysis in an Oil-and-gas Rich Region]. A Study. Tyumen: Tyumen State University Publ., 2007. 240 p. (in Russian).
6. Antonov-Druzhinin, V.P. Fiziko-geograficheskie predposylki optimizacii geotehnicheskih sistem Severa (na primere gazotransportnoj sistemy Urengojskogo mestorozhdenija) (Avtoref. diss. kand.) [Physico-geographical Backgrounds to Improve Geotechnical Systems of the North (based on the example of the gas transportation system at Urengoi gas field) (Cand. Diss. thesis)]. Moscow: USSR Academy of Science, 1991. 29 p. (in Russian).
7. Antropogennye izmenenija jekosistem Zapadno-Sibirskoj gazonosnoj provincii [Man-induced Changes in the Western Siberia Gaz Province Ecosystems] Edited by N.G. Moscalenko. Moscow: Russian Academy of Agricultural Science, 2006. 358 p. (in Russian).
8. Prirodnye uslovija jekspluatacii truboprovodov v Zapadno-Sibirskoj Subarktike: obzor [Natural Environment of Pipeline Operation in Western Siberia Subarctic: Review]. Vlasov, S.V., Egurcov, S.A., Chigir, V.G., Lanchakov, G.A., Stepanenko, A.I.; OAO Gazprom, Information and Advertising Centre of Gas Industry. Moscow: 2009. 92 p. (in Russian).
9. Revzon, A.L. Aerospace Monitoring of Natural and Technical Linear Systems. Inzhenernaja geologija — Geological Engineering. 2012. № 1. P. 24-36 (in Russian).
10. Kunicyn, L.F. Western Siberia Development and the Issue of Interaction between Ecosystems and Technical Systems. Izv. AN SSSR — Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Geography Series. 1970. № 1. P. 41 (in Russian).
11. Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 16.02.2008 № 87 «O sostave razdelov proektnoj dokumentacii i trebovanijah k ih soderzhaniju» [RF Government Decree No. 87 of February 16, 2008 On the Types of Chapters in the Project Documentation and their Contents] (in Russian)
12. SNiP 11-02-96 «Inzhenernye izyskanija dlja stroitel'stva. Osnovnye polozhenija» [Construction Norms and Rules of February 11, 1996 «Engineering Surveys for Construction Industry. Basic Provisions»] (in Russian).
13. Atlas Jamalo-Neneckogo avtonomnogo okruga [Yamalo-Nenetz Autonomous Okrug. Atlas]. Omsk: Omsk Cartographic Plant, 2004. 303 p. (in Russian).
14. Landshafty kriolitozony Zapadno-Sibirskoj gazonosnoj provincii [Cryolithic Zone Landscapes of Western Siberia Oil-and-gas Province]. Edited by E.S. Melnikov. Novosibirsk: Nauka. Siberian Department, 1983, 163 p. (in Russian).
15. Vidina, A.A. Prakticheskie zanjatija po landshaftnomu deshifrirovaniju ajerofotosnimkov [Practical Classes in Landscape Airphoto Interpretation] (teaching materials for Advanced Training Courses students, Moscow State University). Moscow: Moscow University Publ., 1982. 58 p. (in Russian).
16. Pogrebnjak, P.S. Osnovy lesnoj tipologii [Fundamentals of Forest Typology]. 2nd ed. Kiev: Academy of Science of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, 1955. 456 p. (in Russian).