Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Earth sciences (№7; №4). 2013
About the authors:Natalia А. Baluk, Dr. Hist. Sci., Professor, social and Сultural service and tourism Department, Institute of Mathematics, Science and Information Technologies, Tyumen State University
Abstract:The Tyumen region can be positioned as a dynamic tourist region only if its tourist industry is diversified. It requires a comprehensive assessment of the tourism potential of the region. In line with the state order of 2012, there was launched a project «Comprehensive estimate of the tourism potential of Tyumen region municipalities». The project, based on a modern methodological and information base and regional perspective, is expected to yield an inventory of tourist resources of municipalities of the Tyumen region, a system of tourist routes, recommendations to set up and develop regional tourism clusters. Activities carried out within the the first stage of the project at the territory of the Tyumen and Uvat municipalities included the following actions and provided some intermediary results: preliminary survey of the territory; information and empirical data base, identified tourist clusters and their structural units, framework recommendations for their development. As of now the tourist and recreational facilities and potential is being estimated; new sights and educational tours are being developed.
1. Baljuk, N.A., Lazareva, A.V. Historic and Cultural Objects and Tourist Zoning. Social'no-jekonomicheskie problemy razvitija sfery uslug — Social ans Economic Constraints in the Development of Service Sector. Rostov-on-Don: Rostov Service Industry Academy, 2009. Issue 7. Vol. 3. Part 1. (in Russian).
2. Baljuk, N.A., Los', M.A. Geoinformational Modelling of Tourist and Recreational Resources (based on Tyumen data). Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2011. № 4. P. 196-199 (in Russian).
3. Dolgosrochnaja celevaja programma «Osnovnye napravlenija razvitija vnutrennego i v#ezdnogo turizma v Tjumenskoj oblasti» na 2013–2015 gg. (utverzhdena postanovleniem Pravitel'stva Tjumenskoj oblasti ot 30 avgusta 2012 g.) № 1694-rp. [Long-term Targeted Program «Main Development Area of Internal and Outbound Tourism in the Tyumen Region» for 2013-2015, approved by the Tyumen Region Government Decree No. 1694-рп. of August 30], 2012 (in Russian)
4. Kiprina, E.N. Cartographic Support for Recreational Activities in Nature Parks (based on the example of Kondinsk Lakes Nature Park). Trudy Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Proceedings of Tomsk State University. Geology and Geography Series. 2012. Vol. 283. P. 211-213. (in Russian).
5. Kiprina, E.N. Rekreacionnyj potencial prirodnogo parka «Kondinskie ozera»: kartograficheskaja inventarizacija, ocenka i ispol'zovanie (Avtoref. kand. diss.). Recreational Potential of the Kondinsk Lakes Nature Park: cartograghic inventory, estimation and realisation (thesis of Diss. Cand.) Tyumen, 2011. 18 p. (in Russian).
6. Levchenko, T.P., Kuljan, K.K., Kuljan, M.K. Cluster Approach to Stable Tourist Destination Development. Vestnik SGUTiKD — Sochi State Tourist and Resort University Vestnik. 2012. № 2 (20) P. 67-72 (in Russian).
7. Racional'noe prirodopol'zovanie na severo-zapade Sibiri: opyt reshenija problem [Rational National Resources Management in the Western and Northern Siberia: Practical Solutions]. Edited by V.V. Kozina, V.A.Osipova. Tyumen: Tyumen State University Publ., 1996. 273 p. (in Russian).
8. In 2012 the Tyumen Region Welcomed More than 1.5 mln. Tourists. RATA-news: gazeta Rossijskogo sojuza turindustrii — Daily Electronic Paper of Russian Tourist Industry Union Russian Tourist Industry Union RATA-news. No. 3205 of January 10, 2013. Available at: http://www.ratanews.ru/news/news_10012013_5.stm (in Russian)
9. Kozin, V.V. Medium-scale Topographic Mapping of the South of Tyumen Region. Rekreacionno-jekologicheskij potencial Zaural'ja i sopredel'nyh territorij (Recreational and Ecological Potential of the Trans-Urals and the Neighbouring Regions: Scientific Conference Abstracts). Kurgan, February 16-17, 2000. P. 61-63. (in Russian).
10. Kozin, V.V., Marshinin, A.V., Mar'inskih, D.M. Proposals on Improvements to the Scheme of Recreational Lands Location. Problemy prirodopol'zovanija v rajonah so slozhnoj jekologicheskoj situaciej (Issues of Natural Resources Management in Environmentally Vulnerable Areas) Proceedings of the Second All-Russia Scientific Conference. Tyumen, Tyumen State University Publ., 2003. P. 34-35. (in Russian).