Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Ecology (№12). 2014
About the authors:Valeriy O. Tadzhidinov, Post-graduate Student, Department of infectious and parasitic diseases, Northern Trans-Ural State Agrarian University (Tyumen)
Abstract:The article presents the results of a research into the structure of the northern red-backed vole (Myodes rutilus) population in the territory contaminated by oil. The studies have been conducted in the territory of Pravdinsky oilfield (Nefteyugansky region, KMAO-Yugra). The studied territory was divided into four zones, by the degree of soil contamination level. The study was conducted in the time period of 9800 trapdays and 414 specimens of the northern red-backed vole were caught. The level of oil pollution was found to influence the northern red backed vole population level in the area. According to the research a decrease in the total abundance and populated area indexes in the oil polluted areas was observed together with an increase in animal aggregation level. The «settled» specimens were not found in the territories with a high level of oil pollution. The age and sex structure depends on the level of contamination. Females and juvenile specimens prevail on the polluted areas.
1. Chizhov, B.E., Dolinger, V.A., Zakharov, A.I. Features of oil pollution in Khanty-Mansi
Autonomous Okrug. Vestnik ekologii, lesovedeniia i landshaftovedeniia — Bulletin
of the E cology, Dendrology and Landscape Study. 2008. Vol. № 8. Pp. 15-21.
2. Bolshakov, V.N. Metody ekologicheskogo monitoringa. Bol'shoi spetsial'nyi
praktikum: Uchebnoe posobie [Methods of environmental monitoring. A large special
practical guide: A textbook]. Ekaterinburg, 2005. 235 p. (in Russian).
3. Chizhov, B.E., Dolinger, V.A. Classification of contaminated lands of the taiga zone
of Western Siberia for the purpose of its reclamation / In: Lesa i lesnoe khoziaistvo
Zapadnoi Sibiri: sb. nauch. tr. — Forests and Forestry in Western Siberia: Collection
of scientific papers. 1998. Vol. 6. Pp. 172-192. (in Russian).
4. Karaseva, E.V., Telitsina, A.Y., Zhigalskiy, O.A. Metody izucheniia gryzunov
v polevykh usloviiakh [Methods of studying rodents in the field]. Moscow, 2008. 416 p.
5. Gashev, S.N. Mlekopitaiushchie v sisteme ekologicheskogo monitoringa (na primere
Tiumenskoi oblasti) [Mammals in the system of environmental monitoring (by the example
of Tyumen region)]. Tyumen, 2000. 220 p. (in Russian).
6. Shchipanov, N.A. Estimation of population density and flow quantity of settled and
non-territorial small mammals in a research with irreversible withdrawal. Zoologicheskii
zhurnal — Zoological Journal. 1990. 69. № 5. Pp 113-124. (in Russian).
7. Kuznetsov, B.A. Opredelitel' pozvonochnykh zhivotnykh fauny SSSR Ch. 3
[A handbook on identification of vertebrate animals of the USSR fauna. Part 3]. Moscow,
1975. 208 p. (in Russian).
8. Gashev, S.N. Mlekopitaiushchie Tiumenskoi oblasti. Spravochnik-opredelitel'
[Mammals of Tyumen region. A guidebook for identification]. Tyumen, 2008. 336 p. (in Russian).
9. Klevezal, G.A. Printsipy i metody opredeleniia vozrasta mlekopitaiushchikh
[Principles and methods of determining the age of mammals]. Moscow, 2007 283 p. (in Russian).
10. Bobov, V.I., Gashev, S.N., Kazantseva M.N., Paunichev, E.A. Experience of ground
survey and certification of polluted lands. Lesa i lesnoe khoziaistvo Zapadnoi Sibiri —
Forests and Forestry in Western Siberia. 1998. № 6. Pp 172-178. (in Russian).
11. Mukhacheva, S.V. Spatiotemporal Population Structure of the bank vole in the gradient of technogenic environmental pollution. Ekologiia — Ecology. 2007. № 3. Pp. 178-184. (in Russian).