Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Ecology (№12). 2014
About the authors:Natalia N. Lukina, Student, Department of Ecology and Genetics, Institute of Biology, Tyumen State University
Abstract:A negative impact of waste and unused motor oil Mobil Super 3000X1 5W-40 on the model plant object (Lepidium sativum) has been revealed. It is shown that the germination of seeds of cress is lower than that in the control group. In all experimental variants survival of plants is 2 and more times lower than in the control group. The average length and width of the seed lobes in the experimental selection is less than in the control group. The investigated engine oil determines the decrease in the growth of root and hypocotyl by their length. The distribution by the studied morphometric indices has shifted towards smaller values. The variability of all the studied characteristics when exposed to engine oil is lower than in the control group. The greatest negative effect on the growth of vegetative organs of plants is caused by the wasted motor oil (30 ml per 100 g of soil).
1. Gashev, S.N., Elifanov, A.V. The effect of crude oil on the organism of rodents in the
subacute experiment. Trudy Karel'skogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN — Proceedings of the
Karelian Research Centre, RAS. 2012. № 2. Pp. 76-83. (in Russian).
2. Gumarova, Zh.Zh, Bigaliyev, A.B, Erubaev, G.K, Gumarova, L.Zh. A study of the
mutagenic effect of oil in chronic inducement on laboratory animals. Gigiena i sanitariia
— Hygiene and sanitary science. 2012. № 4. Pp. 69-73. (in Russian).
3. Illarionov, S.A. Ekologicheskie aspekty vosstanovleniia neftezagriaznennykh pochv
[Environmental aspects of the recovery of oil-contaminated soil]. Ekaterinburg, 2004. 194 p. (in Russian).
4. Kazantsev, M.Yu., Cherkashina, M.V., Talipova, E.V. Formation of vegetation cover
in the segment of remediation after oil pollution in the sub-boreal forest of Western Siberia.
Vestnik Tiumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald.
2011. № 6. Series «Medicine. Biology». Pp. 25-29. (in Russian).
5. Osipova, E.S. Vliianie neftianogo zagriazneniia na biologicheskie i morfologicheskie
pokazateli rastenii (avtoref. diss. kand.) [Effect of oil pollution on biological and morphological
parameters of plants (Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. Tyumen, 2013. 16 p.
6. Soromotin, A.V. Oil pollution in the middle taiga zone of Western Siberia. Ekologiia
i promyshlennost' Rossii — Ecology and Industry of Russia. August 2004. Pp 8-11.
7. Tupitsyna, L.S. Ekologo-geneticheskii monitoring v Tiumenskoi oblasti: Monografiia
[Ecological-genetic monitoring in Tyumen region]. Tyumen, 2008. 200 p. (in Russian).
8. Tupitsyna, L.S. Parameters of the ecological and genetic screening and monitoring
of organisms in conditions of oil pollution. Sibirskii ekologicheskii zhurnal — Siberian
Journal of Ecology. 2008. № 6. Pp. 889-899. (in Russian).
9. Kireeva, N.A., Kuzyahmetov, G.G., Miftahova, A.M., Vodopyanov, V.V. Fitotoksichnost'
antropogenno — zagriaznennykh pochv [Phytotoxicity in anthropogenically polluted soils].
Ufa, 2003. 266 p. (in Russian).
10. Hamidullova, L.R. Biomonitoring i snizhenie toksichnogo vozdeistviia smazochnookhlazhdaiushchikh
zhidkostei (avtoref. diss. kand.) [Biomonitoring and reducing the toxic
effects of coolant-cutting fluids (Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. Moscow, 2012.
20 p. (in Russian).