Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Ecology (№12). 2013
About the authors:Larisa P. Panicheva, Dr. Chem. Sci., Professor, Department of Organic and Ecology Chemistry, Institute of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies, Tyumen
Abstract:This article determines the degree of oil pollution of waters and bottom sediments due to the processes of atmospheric and water migration for 22 small lakesin the background of various natural zones of West Siberia. It is shown that the oil content in the bottom sediments of the background lakes may be 218 ÷ 24667 times higher than in water. The capacity of bottom sediments to accumulate petroleum hydrocarbons depends on the content of organic matter in them. According to the results of the studies of the distribution of petroleum products between water and bottom sediments,a mechanism of co-deposition of colloidal forms of oil products and slightly soluble humus substances sparingly formed during the biochemical transformation of organic matter in the water phase of the pond has been offered. The reverse process of desorption of oil products from bottom sediments by peptizing small fraction of particles of the solid phase and the return of hydrocarbons in the water phase as micro emulsion is only possible due to performing additional work. However, petrochemicals content in water having a contact with bottom sediments, in which significant amounts of petroleum products are deposited, cannot be lower than their molecular solubility.
1. Panicheva, L.P., Moiseenko, T.I., Kremleva, T.A., Volkova, S.S. Biochemical transformation of petroleum hydrocarbons in the waters of Western Siberia. Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2012. № 12. Series «Ecology». Pp. 38-48. (in Russian).
2. Moiseenko, T.I., Panicheva, L.P., Larin, S.I., Pologrudova, O.A., Volkova, L.A. Methods for studying the chemical composition of waters of small lakes in order to identify regional characteristics of its formation. Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2010. № 7. Pp. 175-190. (in Russian).
3. Moskovchenko, D.V., Valeeva, Je.I. The study of the bottom sediments of the lower Ob river basin (within the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug). Vestnik jekologii, lesovedenija i landshaftovedenija — Ecology, Forestry and Landscape Science Herald. 2001. Issue 2.
Pp. 138-142. (in Russian).
4. Kompleksnoe gidrohimicheskoe i biologicheskoe issledovanie kachestva vodi sostojanija vodnyh i okolovodnyh jekosistem: Metodicheskoe rukovodstvo. Chast' 1. Polevye issledovanija [Comprehensive hydrochemical and biological study of water quality and the state of aquatic and semi-aquatic ecosystems: Methodological Guide. Part 1. Field studies] / Ed. T.I. Moiseenko. Tyumen, 2011. 128 p. (in Russian).
5. Kompleksnoe gidrohimicheskoe i biologicheskoe issledovanie kachestva vodi sostojanija vodnyh i okolovodnyh jekosistem: Metodicheskoe rukovodstvo. Chast' 2. Kameral'nye raboty [Comprehensive hydrochemical and biological study of water quality and the state of aquatic and semi-aquatic ecosystems: Methodological Guide. Part 2. Laboratory works] / Ed. T.I. Moiseenko. Tyumen, 2012. 304 p. (in Russian).
6. Znamenshhikov, A.N. Opredelenie strukturno-gruppovogo sostava i obshhego soderzhanija uglevodorodov v neftjah i neftjanyh zagrjaznenijah spektral'nymi metodami (diss. kand.) [Determination of structural-group composition and total hydrocarbons content in the oils and oil pollutions by using spectral methods (Cand. Diss.)]. Tyumen, 2012. 133 p. (in Russian).
7. Kudrjavcev, A.A., Znamenshhikov, A.N., Volkova, S.S., Panicheva, L.P. Hydrocarbon mixture model for IR spectrophotometry and fluorimetry of oil products. Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2011. № 5. Series «Chemistry». Pp. 63-70. (in Russian).
8. Rogozina, E.A. Topical issues of oil-contaminated soils cleaning. Neftegazovaja geologija. Teorija i praktika — Petroleum Geology. Theory and practice. 2006. № 1. Pp. 1–11. URL: http://www.ngtp.ru. (in Russian).
9. Uvarova, V.I. Current state of water and soil pollution level of the Ob-Irtysh basin // Sb. nauch. tr. GosNIORH. Vyp. 305. [Collection of scientific papers. GosNIORH]. Issue 305. 1989. Pp. 23-33. (in Russian).
10. Kuznecova, I.A, Dzjuban, A.N. Microbiological assessment of the effects of water bodies oil pollution [Mikrobiologicheskaja ocenka posledstvij neftjanogo zagrjaznenija vodoemov]. Sovremennye problemy gidrobiologii Sibiri: Tez. dokl. Vsesojuz. konf. (Modern Problems of Hydrobiology of Siberia: The All-Union Conference Abstracts). Tomsk, 2001. Pp. 123–124.