Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Ecology (№12). 2013
About the authors:Leonid A. Shuman, Cand. Sci. (Biol.), Assistant, Department of Anatomy and Physiology of Humans and Animals, University of Tyumen; email@example.com
Abstract:The morphofunctional and histopathological state of the perch Percafluviatilis population in the lakes of the Middle Ob region located in intensive hydrocarbon production areas has been investigated. The collection of ichtyological material was held in the summer of 2012 in polluted lakes of the taiga zone of Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug (Polyntur lake) and the Middle Ob right riverside lakes (the Entllor and the Beloye). The size and weight parameters of fish and the concentration of hemoglobin in its blood were studied, also a histological analysis of the liver, gills and reproductive system was carried out. The technique of semi-quantitative analysis by assigning a significance factor to each specific abnormality was used to evaluatethe histological preparations. It was found that the strongest linear and weight growth during development correlation changes were observed in the perch from lake Entllor,the least correlation changes-in the perch from lake Beloye. These results indicate differences of the water quality of these lakes. The highest concentration of hemoglobin in the blood is typical of the perch from lake Beloye. In addition, the hemoglobin concentration in females was greater than its concentration in males in all the studied lakes, due to a more intense reparation processes after spawning. Most of the fish had abnormalities in the liver: fat degeneration of hepatocytes, some fish had hyperemia, destruction of hepatic parenchyma. The histological analysis of the gills revealed pathological changes: cytolysis of gill epithelium, thickening, adhesion and destruction of the gill lamellae.In the reproductive system of both the macroscopic and microscopic levels in all studied specimens, no pathomorphological changes were revealed. The weak correlation of pathological changes of the liver and gill apparatus with the state of the reproductive system indicates its high immunity to extreme factors. A clear tendency was revealed:the increase of pathological changes in the direction: gonads — liver — gill apparatus, and the deterioration of water quality of the following lakes: Entllor — Polyntur — Beloye.
1. Nikanorov, A.M. Gidrohimija. Vtoroe izd., pererab. i dop. [Hydrochemistry. Second ed., revised and enlarged]. St.-Petersburg, 2001.444 p. (in Russian).
2. Otchet o nauchnom issledovanii № 11.G34.31.0036 ot «25» nojabrja 2010 g. (zakljuchitel'nyj — 3 jetap) «Kachestvo vod v uslovijah antropogennyh nagruzoki izmenenija klimata v regionah Zapadnoj Sibiri» [Academic research report №. 11.G34.31.0036 dated November 25, 2010 (final — 3rd stage) «The quality of water in the conditions of anthropogenic stresses and climate changes in the regions of West Siberia»]. Tyumen, 2012. 281 p. (in Russian).
3. Kompleksnoe gidrohimicheskoe i biologicheskoe issledovanie kachestva vod i sostojanija vodnyh i okolovodnyh jekosistem: metodicheskoe rukovodstvo. Chast' 2 [Complex hydrochemical and biological study of the water quality and the state of aquatic and semi-aquatic ecosystems: methodological guidelines. Part 2] / Ed by T.I. Moiseenko. Tyumen, 2012. 301 p. (in Russian).
4. Romejs, B. Mikroskopicheskaja tehnika [Microscopic technology]. Moscow, 1953. 83 p. (in Russian).
5. Lilli, R. Patogistologicheskaja tehnika i prakticheskaja gistohimija [Histopathologic technic and practical histochemistry]. Moscow, 1969. 167 p. (in Russian).
6. Mikodina, E.V., Sedova, M.A., Chmilevskij, D.A., Mikulin, A.E., P'janova, S.V., Polujektova, O.G. Gistologija dlja ihtiologov: Opyt i sovety [Histology for ichtyologists: Experience and advice]. Moscow, 2009. 112 p. (in Russian).
7. Agamy, E. Histopathological Changes in the Livers of Rabbit Fish (Siganus canaliculatus) Following Exposure to Crude Oil and Dispersed Oil. Toxicologic Pathology. 2012. № 40. Pp. 1128-1140.
8. Riker, U.E. Metody ocenki i interpretacii biologicheskih pokazatelej populjacij ryb [Computation and interpretation of biological statistics of fish populations]. Moscow, 1979. 408 p. (in Russian).
9. Mel'nikova, E.B. Possibilities for using mathematical models of fish growth for quick assessment of the state of populations [Vozmozhnosti ispol'zovanija matematicheskih modelej rosta ryb dlja operativnoj ocenki sostojanija populjacii]. M-ly III vseross. konf. po vodnoj toksikologii, posvjashhennoj pamjati B.A. Flerova. Chast' 2 (Materials of the 3rd national conf. on aquatic toxicology, dedicated to the memory of B.A. Flyorov. Part 2]. Borok. 2008. Pp. 96-97. (in Russian).
10. Santos, T. Histopathological alterations in gills of juvenile Florida pompano Trachinotus carolinus (Perciformes, Carangidae) following sublethal acute and chronic exposure to naphthalene / T. Santos [et al.]. Pan-American Journal of Aquatic Sciences. 2011. V. 6(2). Pp. 109-120.
11. Safihanova, H.M., Orudzheva, A.M., Rustamov, Je.K. Histopathological changesin the gill tissue of carp as a result of exposure to high concentrations of crude oil. Vestnik Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo oblastnogo universiteta — Bulletin of Moscow State Regional University. 2012. № 4. Series «Natural sciences». Pp. 62-67. (in Russian).12. Isakov, P.V. Effect of oil-contaminated bottom sediments on the structure of organs and tissues of carp Cyprinus carpio (Linnaeus) // Biologija vnutrennih vod: problemy jekologii bioraznoobrazija [Biology of inland waters: problems of environmental biodiversity]. Borok, 2002. Pp. 124-125. (in Russian)