Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Ecology (№12). 2013
About the authors:Viktor D. Starkov, Cand. Geolog.-Mineral. Sci., Professor, Department of Physical Geography and Ecology, Tyumen State University
Abstract:Oil-source Bazhenov formations of West Siberia of the Upper Volgian Malm contain large amounts of uranium minerals. The uranium content in clays and shales of Bazhenov formations, according to some researchers, is 100 g/t, and the exposure dose by gamma logging of wells is up to 100 mR/hr (1 mSv/h).The paper was presented the task to assess the danger of radioactive material extracted from the wells drilled in the bituminous sediments of Bazhenov horizon.The analysis of a sample of bituminous claystone of the Bazhenov formation, conducted by the authors in the Laboratory of Radiation Ecology of Tyumen State University, has shown the efficient activity of 0.508 kBq/kg. This relates the analyte to the first category of industrial products of oil-gas companies, according to SanRaN 184.108.40.2069-02. This means that the core of Bazhenov formation can be stored and disposed of as normal industrial waste. Efficient activity of Bazhenov formation rock, calculated on the basis of the data of other researchers (uranium content is 100 g/t), is greater than 1.5 kBq/kg. In the latter case, the stone material should be classified as industrial waste of the second category, according to SanRaN 220.127.116.119-02. Its treatment is regulated by sanitary-epidemiological conclusion of Sanitary Inspection.
1. Nesterov, I.I. Oil bearing of bituminous clay of Bazhenov formation of West Siberia. Sovetskaja geologija — Soviet geology. 1980. № 4, Pp. 3–9. (in Russian).
2. Starkov, V.D., Tjul'kova, L.A. Geologija, rel'ef, poleznye iskopaemye Tjumenskoj oblasti [Geology, landscape, fossils of Tyumen region]. Tyumen, 2010. 352 p. (in Russian).
3. Starkov, V.D., Migunov, V.I. Radiacionnaja jekologija [Radiation ecology]. Tyumen, 2010. 242 p. (in Russian).
4. Starkov, V.D., Tjul'kova, L.A. Geologicheskaja istorija i mineral'nye bogatstva Tjumenskoj zemli [Geological history and mineral riches of Tyumen land]. Tyumen, 1996. 192 p. (in Russian).
5. Rodionov, V.A., Zapivalov, N.P., Bazylev, A.P. Patterns of changes of electric resistance and natural radioactivity of rock of Bazhenov formation in the area of the West-Siberian platform // Geologicheskoe stroenie i neftegazonosnost' juga Zapadnoj Sibiri po novym dannym [Geological structure and oil and gas of the south of Western Siberia according to new data]. Tyumen, 1976. Pp. 96–102. (in Russian).
6. Pluman, I.I. Possibilities of radioactivity data use to solve some West Siberia oil geology problems // Geologicheskoe stroenie i neftegazonosnost' juga Zapadnoj Sibiri po novym dannym [Geological structure and oil and gas of the south of Western Siberia according to new data]. Tyumen, 1976. Pp. 108-113. (in Russian).
7. Turyshev, V.V. Sovershenstvovanie petrofizicheskogo obespechenija geologicheskoj interpretacii materialov stacionarnyh radioaktivnyh metodov GIS(na primere neftegazovyh mestorozhdenij Zapadnoj Sibiri) (diss. kand.) [Development of petrophysical implementation of geological interpretation of materials of stationary radioactive methods of geophysical well logging (on the example of oil and gas fields of West Siberia) (Cand. Diss.)]. Tomsk, 2006. 22 p. (in Russian).
8. Volkov, E.N., Habarov, V.V., Kudrin, V.Ja., Modin, V.S. Results of nuclear-physical research of samples of rock of Bazhenov formation of Weast Siberia // Geologicheskoe stroenie i neftegazonosnost' juga Zapadnoj Sibiri po novym dannym [Geological structure and oil and gas of the south of Western Siberia according to new data]. Tyumen, 1976. Pp. 99–110. (in Russian).
9. Gvozdeckij, N.A. Neftjanaja geologija [Oil geology]. Moscow, 1981. 214 p. (in Russian).
10. Stamat, I.P., Barkovskij, A.N., Krasjuk, Je.M. et al. Obespechenie radiacionnoj bezopasnosti pri obrashhenii s proizvodstvennymi othodami s povyshennym soderzhaniem prirodnyh radionuklidov na ob,,ektah neftegazovogo kompleksa Rossijskoj Federacii [Radioactive safety insurance treating industrial highly radioactive waste on Russian oil and gas complex sites]. SanRaN 18.104.22.1689-02: Minzdrav Rossii, 2002. P. 24. (in Russian).